First Rose: Holy Mary, Holy Mother of God, Pray for Us

In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Saint Joseph, intercede for us.

I enter this time of prayer with all of myself: my thoughts, my to-do lists and distractions. I mentally place myself before you, Oh Lord, for you know me and created me...I know you hear me, and see me and are with me in this moment. Please come, Holy Spirit. I thank you for the good in my day, in my life, and the abundance of joy you have given me through your Son and through Mother Mary.

Lord have mercy,
Christ have mercy,
Lord have mercy,
Christ hear us,
Christ graciously hear us,.

God the Father of heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the World,
Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit, Holy Trinity one God,
Have mercy on us.

Maris Stella, Star of the Sea, from this ship I bring you my first rose. Guide me to your light in this moment, Jesus.



Holy Mary, pray for us. Holy Mother of God, pray for us. Holy Mary, you see your children here coming to ask for your protection from this storm we are on. We are all aboard this ship together facing a storm that seems to be too large for our vessel and we are overcome by the waves. When your beloved Son, Jesus, entered the Garden of Gethsemane to pray, He did so with so much mental agony. His thoughts were so awful that He sweat drops of blood as He thought of what was to come next on the cross. Holy Mary, guide my thoughts in this vessel that I may not have agony in this moment when I hear the waves crashing. Lift any oppressive thoughts, fears, anguish and anxiety from my mind. Hold me, Holy Mary, for you know me as your child. Intercede for me as I pray for any heavy agonizing thoughts to be replaced with an increase in faith, hope and love.  Holy Mary, I ask especially for the thoughts of those most vulnerable in this moment, for those sick by this virus and by many other debilitating diseases. I pray for the thoughts of those who are alone and feel isolated. Please intercede for them and bring them waves of peace, wrap your mantle around them. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art though among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory for ever.

All glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. Amen.


Ave Maris Stella.








_________________________________________________________________________________

For those who are able: a little idea I had was doing a "rosary" walk around my neighborhood to pray for all of my neighbors as I walked. It is a great way to love them a little more.

Finger rosary to pray as I go for a walk and pray for all of my neighbors and their families.



Comments

Popular Posts