The Weekend

This week was a funny week: the new Pope was poped Pope Francis. I was pretty excited about that and hope that he will inspire faith and prayer.

I almost saw a leprechaun.

At first I thought it was a short fat leprechaun so I walked around him to see if I found a pot of lucky Irish gold but lo and behold it wasn't a leprechaun at all, it was Joe Gudice!
2 feet tall in person.

He is the husband of Teresa Gudice from the Real Housewives of NJ. He is a tiny short meatball of a man and scowled at me for looking at him like a leprechaun. I was probably right about the gold pot though. I'm sure if I followed the  meatball around long enough he would eventually end up by some stash of gold.

I went to the Short Hills Mall where they don't have a food court or anything under $500. It is one of the most expensive shopping centers in America.



 Seriously, that place is worth it's own separate blog from the women with facelifts, to the endless Dior and Ferragamo to the plush couches where tortured men sit and an occasional female Sagittarius crunches away a snack in desperation because they don't value shopping and dressing to impress and feel pressured and judged at a mall like Short Hills.

Then it is St. Patrick's Day. I had a bit of luck of the Irish and got the first parking spot in every place I went to all week long.

 If you add all of those things together in NJ the weather is likely to drop twenty degrees in the middle of March down to 24 degrees Fahrenheit and snow.  This is what the weekend looked like:

SNOW and the temperature dropped 20 degrees.

Cake. Several slices of chocolate cake....mmmm. The wings on this chocolate cake made me think of the Norah Jones song "Come away with me." It is the right song to listen to while eating small bites of the chocolate with black coffee.

 Come away with me in the night
Come away with me 
And I will write you a song



Then my friend Lady Migraine visited because the temperature and barometric pressure dropped quickly. She was temporarily nipped by a nap on the couch with a pillow over my head followed by chocolate cake and endless cups of tea.
For quiet moments.

Quite the week if I might say. The only thing missing is an international flight with terminals, customs and packing and unpacking. 

Comments

Popular Posts