Cheesy Sunday

The recent string of good weather has pushed most of the misery of winter to the side. One side effect of cold weather is cheese.

Really, it's like the doctor ordered it! Headache? Goat cheese on raisin toast.

Sleepy? Brie with sliced apples on a baguette. Nausea? Feta and chopped tomatoes. Shivering cold? Aha! Spaghetti with LOADS of shredded Parmigiano Reggiano.



These

All Go On

Pasta!
PMS? Pavia cheese dipped in honey.....


It is of no wonder that my jeans are starting to fit a little on the snug and smug side. I squeezed in my "big girl" jeans reserved for extra space and they were snug. I ran to the unforgiving full length mirror and the jeans sneered at me "Hey there, you're starting to look like a slice of swiss cheese melted and jiggly." yeah, jeans and full length mirrors can say such horrid things. Well, spring is on it's way and I decided to do away with the cheese eating it one bit at a time, of course.

Today I opened my fridge and saw the mountain of cheese staring at me so I decided to roll up my sleeves, sing a little tune and make something nice for the husband and me.

I got these amazing books at the library to inspire my culinary creativity and from all the options decided to make cinnamon rolls then a salmon-quiche. My mood was already on the up and up (the day trip in NYC did the trick) but a little bit of salmon here in a quiche and some cinnamon with brown sugar there never hurt a soul.

Awesome newly released baking books


First I made the dough for the cinnamon rolls.
Das Dietcht

Whipping up some yummy cinnamony goodness

The dough needed to rise for an hour so I walked to the grocery store and back (2 miles! yay!)

While in the grocery store I stopped to admire the very orange and  pretty juice. Good job oranges!

Back at home, I continued chopping salmon, mixing cheese and dancing like the fairy godmothers of Sleeping beauty while my kitchen filled with yummy smells.

At some point my mood is like each one of them. Sensible, dreamy and demanding.


This is the product of my loving kitchen. Now off to do some scissor kicks on my yoga mat.

Cinnamon roll in rolling progress

A rebel trying to escape!

Salmon quiche....so good




Comments

Popular Posts