Fishy Friday

Good Friday, in Italy is celebrated in diverse ways, depending on what region of Italy you are in. Abruzzo really is one of Italy's best kept secrets because they have so much good food, mountains and sea. Today we decided to go to the fish market by the fisherman's port. The fish port is on the other side of Pescara and a good 3 mile walk. The sun shone bright and we decided to walk. We had 3 walking options: Through the city, on the board walk on on the sand. We chose the sand, naturally.

Cabana's getting ready for the next summer season

I felt tempted to do the same

This very obedient golden retriever didn't go into the sea till his owners gave him a nod of approval. My dog, Boy (I know, terrible name) once went to the rocky rainy beach in Washington state with us. He took off running, tongue flapping behind him like a flag and didn't stop at the boulder. He kept running into the wind and flapping his tongue till he landed in the ocean. 

The sun got hot then really hot. I took off my coat and undershirt at one point because it was so hot. We walked and walked till we felt like Moses but on the beach. The sea breeze was warm and opened my asthmatic lungs to where I could take a deep deep breath and feel it in my throat all the way down to my belly. Being asthmatic during a New Jersey winter is terrible because it feels like breathing through a straw, coughing is frequent and the cold is added misery. The ocean walk today was pure bliss.

As we got closer to the fish market we crossed the beach, crossed the street and entered the city of Pescara to get a gelato.

I adore this pink house



Abandoned but beautiful

Now this is what we need to build with in the USA.

Gelato options, gelato options

pastries

Pistaccio!

I don't call it Burgers and Gelato for nothin.
We inhaled our gelatos as we trudged the extra few blocks to the fish market. I'm glad I finished mine before arriving and smelling the stench of the fish.




Abruzzo is awesome. They have sheep and fresh fish in constant supply. I might turn into Heidi one of these days.

On the walk back we took the board walk, that is also built from cement, and I saw such a pretty house. Maybe it is my ascendant in Virgo but I really liked the glass on this house:


Comments

Popular Posts