Endless Winter Storms

The winter here doesn't end.



Today I bought a great big piece of cheese, and as I left the shop I slipped on ice and batted around like a baby bird trying to fly.

Thankfully I didn't fall. The 20 minute ride home turned into 2 hours and the road was covered with a thick layer of ice. A migraine descended on my head and I soon  found myself in the middle of traffic, not going anywhere, hearing pellets of ice hit the car and make my head pound harder than a rock band in 1978.
My head at the beginning of a migraine
My head during the migraine. Best song to this could be the Dance of the Sugar Plumb Fairy. Don't worry, my husband didn't eat the fish head. He was just trying to impress me in a caveman type of way. I took a picture so I guess I was sort of impressed?

I looked at the wedge of brie cheese and it looked back at me...two seconds later it looked more like a square and I felt a little better.

Now I have decided it is time to pull all the stops. I think I need a level 3 coat for the brutal cold here in NJ. Level 1 is for rainy days, level 2 for cold and level 3 for cold that kills you. Of course, now that it is March and the weather bounces between 15 degrees and 50 degrees there is not one store in NJ or NYC that sells a level 3 coat. They are all stalked with bikinis and daisy duke shorts for the summer. Insane! If there were ever a time to sell coats it is today! I am going on the hunt for a level 3 coat and I will not stop till I find something that could warm the coldest of bodies, something that could even warm up Cruella Deville into being a nice bubbly person. Maybe if I had a level 3 coat I wouldn't get level 3 migraines. Who knows but there is only one way to find out. The hunt is on.



Comments

Popular Posts