Good Morning Friends

Today is my first day without being with the 2nd grade.

Each morning, we would have morning prayer meeting and they would read out loud a little note I wrote for them. If they were here this is what the note would say:

Good morning friends,

Today is Monday, June 20, 2016. Today is your first day of summer! You will hopefully sleep a bit more, play outside and eat some fun food. Please remember to be kind, play nice, and use your manners. Don't forget to read! This afternoon you will have watermelon for your snack.

Love,

Miss  Teacher


After morning message they take turns saying what they are thankful for and their prayer requests. Today, this is what I think the thankful list would say according to their previous ones:

I am thankful for:

Baby bunnies, sunshine, the full moon, summer vacation, the teacher, my best friend and not being homeless. 

I know a few of their prayer requests. I always remind them that it is a request and that it is the will of God to do what is best for each of us, not give us what we want or desire:


One big request today is for the dad of a little girl who is having surgery today to remove a tumor in his throat. She has been scared for her dad so I pray for his comfort during this time, for her strength to be a helpful daughter in the days he recovers and for his family to have patience with him while he is recovering. Oh, I would also like to pray for the soul of this lady who died behind my house on Friday. There was a terrible accident and she died on the scene. It was very shocking and sad. 


Comments

Popular Posts