Lovely Wednesday

Guess what? It's snowing! I am watching that fluttery slippery wet icy stuff float past the window and smile. Although I have hated the snow this winter I have to admit that snow is very appropriate for Valentine's day. There is something so secretive, gentle and lovely about snow and romance.

Here are 14 things I already adore about this 14th of February:

1. I borrowed Sleepless in Seattle from the library.
2. I borrowed When Harry Met Sally from the library.
3. I borrowed You've Got Mail from the library.
Do we see a Meg Ryan / Nora Ephron pattern here? Yes? Yes!
4. I intend on keeping my Valentine from abandoning me for making him watch Meg Ryan movies by watching some philosophical Italian movies with him.
5. I intend on eating very unhealthy pizza on Valentines Day! Woot! Thank goodness for holidays to eat what you shouldn't.
6. I intend on having hot chocolate for breakfast!
7. I intend on wearing that cheesy red dress with bows that is no longer meant for a proper lady of 30 but a rock-star of 20. 
8. I intend on singing to my husband, cats, and mom all songs of love. My mom will clap for sure. If she claps I might even throw in her favorite song, the Bee Gee's 'Stayin Alive' as an encore.
9. I am going to mend my favorite warm wooly but holey red socks that I love and keep wearing them to bed for another winter. 
10. I will start the day skipping.
11. I will end the day skipping.
12. I will say 'Happy Valentines Day' to people I pass during my fabulous day of Love'
13. I will draw hearts around my husbands name.
14. I intend on starting the day hoping that nothing, like stubbing my toe or falling on the ice, will put a damper to it!

Game on! It's time for my Superbowl of looooooove movies!
Things might get really crazy if I end it all with some Jane Austen...
Mr. Darcy to Elisabeth, “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” 

Comments

Popular Posts