Blizzard on the Horizon

The days have been dullfully repeating themselves: cold, tip-toe to car, dress in layers, winter weather advisory....I really should not have complained about the last snowfall because now we are calmly awaiting a blizzard. The news anchors really know how to torment people who have been shivering with dry skin, frozen social lives and barely recovering from Hurricane Sandy. They love to use phrases like "Paralyzing Blizzard" and "Historic Snow Storm".

So, yes, while I would love to blog about something more entertaining, historic and beautiful I will turn my attentions to this entertaining, historic and beautiful white snow that will "paralyze" the NY / NJ area.

It really feels like I am living some type of Little House on the Prairie lifestyle. Every time it is going to snow I go dutifully like Laura to buy some food at the grocery store, and hunker down like a good American girl that can wait out any storm. I am tired of storms, just sick of winter. Blat.

My heart is not in a good place to blog along happily now. But January and February 2013, I have just had enough of you! I hate these two moths now more than I have ever disliked any month!

On the positive side, the name of this upcoming snow storm has me forgiving it pre-maturely for ruining my weekend. It's name is:

Nemo


Cute, don't you think? The storm namers must choose cute names when the storms are really bad. I'm sure they researched that "Katrina" was a good name for well behaved women and "Sandy" was the name for dull but sweet office assistants. See, when they choose a name, they hope you think of some nice boring person and not the violent storm that is barreling towards your house and family. Well this is what is coming to us thanks to Nemo.

Shovel: check. Water: check. Flashlight: check. Oh to live like Laura Ingalls!
Not only am I living like Laura Ingalls preparing for a storm.

"The Long Winter" will be the title to my 2012-2013 winter. Blast you winter!

But I am living like Laura Ingalls in NEW JERSEY...for you that don't know New Jersey, count your blessings...It is like being Laura Ingalls surrounded by highways that exit only on the left and people that are rude, loud and gawdy. Yes,  Gawdy, I said it! And living like Laura Ingalls...
"I sure hope I bought enough oatmeal to last me till May."

 Back to discussing the weather, my friends, here is what is on it's delightful way.

6 - 12 inches fo' sho'. Perhaps a decent 20 depending on the huffs and puffs of Mother Nature.


And this is what Boston looks like now....


Buona notte.
Thanks, Nemo...


Comments

Popular Posts