Arctic Saturday



I love New York in the fall, but not Jersey in the winter. Although Phil, the groundhog from PA, predicted an early spring, it is still slushy and icy to the death in these parts. This horribly chilly weather begins in the day looking like this:


And this:


And with lots of icy slush to walk on. It has been a violently cold and mean winter. General Winter is what they call it in Italy and with a good reason: brutally cold winters stopped many a war such as Napoleon! It is the same in slushy cold New Jersey. Not far from where my clammy fingers type there lies a valley where George Washington, the first American President, almost died with his soldiers because of this very cold winter.
"If it snows one more day, General Pepper, we are staying British!" said Private Boots

Legend has it that in the middle of this terrible winter, George Washington had a vision given by aliens of what the future USA would be like.
"I see Florida! And bikinis! BABES!" the cold got to the horses head. George on the other hand  was soaking in some vitamin D

I think I had the same alien vision the other day. In the middle of a cold walk I saw bright green, canary yellow and bronze and heard a gentle voice whisper "Go to Florida. Go to South Carolina. For the love of crickets go anywhere warm!"
It's calling my name stronger than chocolate on a hormonal day.

My conscience is right. I should take my frozen epidermis where it can receive all the warm vitamin D it needs, where dressing like a Norwegian farmer in heavy wool sweaters isn't needed and where I can breathe warm air....

Back to reality in New Jersey. I have had every intention of visiting some historic New Jersey place, such as the mansions of the Rockefeller's and Vanderbilt's  Since it is climatically impossible here is what I have lined up during my Saturday of hibernation:

A nap with four layers of blankets: wool blanket, comforter, wool blanket made by me, wool blanket made by grandma. I feel like a sheep.

Piles of books after my nap and my Kindle.


And then, for some excitement, there is always the option to do something different with your hair. This would be tough if you have little hair, like my dad. Sorry, Baldo.


 The Curlers

Set them like a stylist would.
 Stretch!
Who put a chocolate in there?! AH! The handsome secret chef! That rascal.

Then I went for a trip to the basement. It was thrilling. Actually, on a totally not sarcastic note, I do find Saturdays quite thrilling for cleaning. You see, on Saturdays I wash only linens: bed linens, towels, kitchen linens. Only linens. Why? Well it is pretty exhausting to wash everything and clean in one day, it feels like a road trip! Cleaning one major thing a day is like going to only one city and much less demanding. As a result, today I went to Boston and only to Boston. My ascendant is in Virgo and that makes me picky about certain things like when to do what and how to do that. But I am cool with my Virgo because I love the smell of fresh sheets with a hint of lavender. 
 Step one: make sure the soap mixes well with the water before adding the clothes. This way the soap is evenly distributed.
 Step two: add your stuff!
My wool dress air drying from the other "handwash wool stuff" day. 

And that about sums it up for today! Tomorrow is looking bright because it is baking day and do your nails day. First bake, then nails. That way everything clean that could chip pretty nails during cleaning is clean, and baking is done. So nice nails are the last thing before starting the week over.

nail polish stays in the basement because of the strong chemical shmell....WOO!

Comments

Popular Posts