Sunshine, Strawberries and Kung Fu

Sunshine is warming up the chilly winter days and making me smile watching the season change. One of the things I like best about being in Italy is that I can eat strawberries. In the USA I am allergic to lots of things including pesticides. However, here, my thoughtful handsome chef has introduced strawberry salad into my life. It is a mix of chopped strawberries with lemon juice, a dash of cinnamon, a few spoonfuls of sugar and a splash of champagne.

Before

After
Here are some other pictures of spring that make me happy.

Cherry blossoms I cut for a special day


Someone had so much fun she forgot her pink shoe. How cute.


Nuns walking their puppy. I wish I could have gotten the nun happy and talking to the dog. Alas, camera lens delay.
 In the meantime, Fatty is also enjoying the season change. A few doors down there is a Kung Fu "gym" where they blast sentimental gushy epic music so all the scrawny dudes that go there can picture themselves slaying dragons and smooth charming guys that get the ladies. In my house, there is a very chubby cat that also has some moves. Fatty hears the theme song to Lord of the Rings, pictures himself floating to the moon in a space shuttle. "First cat on the Moon" appears on the newspaper "Right Meow" back on earth. Fatty is in the shuttle floating around looking for his Purina Cat Chow. And we watch him in his reverie rolling back and forth on his back on the deck as he swats in slow motion to the rhythm of the Kung Fu Gym music. It is the funniest thing ever. I should make a video and submit it to America's Funniest Home Videos.

This is how he rolls

Comments

Popular Posts