Snowflakes Part 2

Part 2 of movies are lame: Back to the Future, Beethoven, Anne of Green Gables. But snowflakes? I think not. I will take another serving of perfect snowflakes any day! This morning I woke up around 6 AM craving a hot cup of strong coffee. I remembered I was out of the Starbucks that my dad sent (thanks Daddy!) and decided to drink a double espresso instead. Once in the cold kitchen I felt the dry cold and knew, just knew that it had snowed. I darted to the window and saw through the dark by the street light that shown on the dancing swirling flakes! And guess what? This girl was prepared! I had frozen a small sheet of black construction paper yesterday (pour water on one side and freeze). The good part of this is that it helps catch the snow flakes and holds the delicate crystals for a few more seconds giving you time to love them and take a picture. I ran out in my pajamas to analyse the snow flakes to make sure they were the right kind and they were. Awesomeness. The only problem was that there was no light. I drank my coffee in anxiousness. You see, perfect snowflakes need to have perfect weather. Too much humidity will cause the arms of the snow flake, or crystal to melt then they clump together when they drop. Perfect snow crystals are independent and land like pollen but are pretty and don't make you sneeze. When I was little I was fascinated by the weather and wanted to one day be a blond queen, meteorologist, librarian and have an ant colony. Now I am glad to be a brunette, still love crazy weather (have run out in a storm to take pictures), am a librarian and adore insects.  "Yuck! You like bugs?!" I sure do. I especially love African beetles. Call it my ascendant in Virgo for loving little things or my love of creation but they are just complex amazing bodies that live short and can do so many cool things! Can you imagine being say, a grasshopper, for one day and jumping 75 times your height? I would love to do that.

This morning, however, I was tapping my foot waiting for the sun to come out to take some pictures. I was hoping it wouldnt stop snowing. The sun wanted to sleep in and finally started to rise around 7:30. Once again I ran out with my camera and this time with my sheet of frozen black paper. I made a mistake and wore my grey coat instead of my black so I didn't get as many cool shots of individual snow crystals but these ones are still great.

These snow flakes are all real!

Pick your favorite one or choose a combo:
The fluff







on my coat



This is my favorite




I am glad I got another chance to take some pictures.
We walked to mass since the roads were totally frozen and I was so happy all the way.

The walk down to Lake Garda


When I came home I had the joy of seeing that a secret chef had whipped up a winter wonderland meal for us, complete with snow:
Cheese on my pasta looks like snow

He is the gravy in my life

I have a crush on the secret chef, he's the best cook in the world.

Comments

Popular Posts