I Have Confidence in Sunshine!

The last two days have melted away most of the ice. My mom called me today and was happy singing "I have confidence in sunshine" from the movie, The Sound of Music. She is right, I have confidence that spring will come again. Here in the last two days, the temperature doubled, the sun shone and people started to tip-toe out of their houses into the street. Ahhh...that is the Italy I know! I went to Desenzano, the slightly larger town next to mine, and took pictures.
Along Garda Lake

Amica Chips potato chip delivery.

Ah...warming the cold bones.

Path down to the lake between the church on the right and Rotary Club on the left.

Old homes that are empty. I would love to remodel one.

A man and his poodles...in sweaters. hehe

The old church of Rivoltella built in the 15th c.


I love this picture

Walking home with a bagful of lemons. Is it time for lemonade?

Back at home, the cats were delighted with the sun. There is a sky light in the bathroom upstairs and the sun shines through there before reaching around to the rest of the house. Well, as luck would have it, Fatty found a new bag of cat litter sitting undisturbed. He peaked around to see if anyone was listening, they weren't. He tore the bag open, pawed out as much sand as he could and rolled around on his back on the warm sand under the sun. This was like Miami beach to him! This little fur ball left me a nice mess to clean.
"It's almost like Miami! Can I get a Corona with lime? Where are the babes?"

Strait face after getting scolded. He knew he messed up. And yes, that is a bidet on the left. I should have dunked him in it.

I warned him that next time he does this I am auctioning him off in a Chinese market and will get a nice wad of cash for him. He would make a great steak, or stew.

One Maine Coon! 15 pounds, well fed, fur can be turned into a coat, lots of flavor! Come and get it!
Who am I kidding? I wouldn't auction off Fatty. He serves me too well now: I can use him as a Russian hat when it gets cold, as a foot warmer, and an excuse to get out of things, "I can't, the cat is sick and needs his medicine." And he is stretched out on my bed totally carefree the business of the world. We are both looking forward to the sunshine though.

Comments

Popular Posts