Snowflakes and Cheeseballs

Yesterday I was sitting shivering in my living room thinking of the "Siberian gusts" that were hurling themselves against the window pane when I saw little floating sparkles come down serenely. The wind stopped, the sparkles didn't. They floated down softly like in a snow globe and landed in clumps like loosely tossed white flower petals. I knew this type of snow! This was the kind that has perfectly shaped crystals that you can see! My husband looked at me as if I were a crazy woman when I dashed around pulling my boots and scarf on proclaiming, "I'm going to get pictures of the snow!" Maybe he is right, I am a bit nutty for wanting to get pictures of the snow but in a world of big decisions, world crisis, and heavy grocery bags something like a magical snowflake is enough to give the mind a vacation for a few minutes. In my opinion, a perfect snowflake is also a sweet reminder of who is really in charge.


 Yes, these are real snowflakes. The came down the size of a grain of rice. So pretty, so perfect, so real.

Pick your favorite snow flake:







Bella, the neighbors dog always left out in bad weather, also loves snowflakes!






Lastly, during this week of Siberian cold, I have been making rather fattening trips to the grocery store. My husband, thinking that I didn't go, has also gone to the grocery store a few times. We both picked up a lot of cheese along the way. Cheese is another beautiful and oh so good thing in life! Enjoy my cheesy pictures, before the cheese disappears! Yum! I'm thinking tomorrow I will chop some of it and bake it into some pasta..mmmm.
Cowboy cheese: Mozzarella from a buffalo.

Crumble me yummy: Fresh Ricotta

Love from a goat

Galbanino for El Niño

Comments

  1. Love the pictures of snowflakes and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, those are real snowflakes?? I don't think I have EVER seen snow like that. I figured you had to put snow under a microscope to make it look like the pictures. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are real snowflakes! They are about as big as a grain of rice and I'm bummed that my macro shot on the camera didnt get all of their detail. They are amazing and the type of snow looks like your shot of pollen that you once posted. When I was little our teacher had us do a project to see the snowflakes better: we froze a damp piece of dark construction paper, then when it snowed we went outside to "catch" the snowflakes and see them better on our paper. I am tempted to do the same now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome, Caroline! :) I'm happy you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts