2 Mary Magdalene: Crying looking into the tomb

Saint Mary Magdalene, pray for us


Reflection into Novena day 2.

One of the things I like about Mary Magdalene is that she converted, like me. I wasn't always a Catholic or had faith in God and even declared at times that God didn't exist. Why put a damper on my happiness or put into question the opinions of good people I respected? Science existed to me and that was good enough. This "God" thing was too religious and preachy for my taste and I was not interested. Conversion for me was a process of being broken-hearted with the wounds of my life, curiosity mixed with the desire to know more about prayer because it felt good to pray. I now know that faith is more than a feeling but feelings certainly help at times. Once I had a deep personal and profound conversion experience I knew I could never go back. I wanted to know more of this beautiful God that loved me like no one else and I wouldn't trade Mother Mary for one more day without her. Mary Magdalene, oh I wish I knew her real conversion story, but she too was a convert to faith and once her soul converted she held on and didn't let go, she was even at the foot of the cross of Jesus hugging onto it probably with her hands drenched in His blood but hugging on to the foot of the cross.






I have been thinking of this Novena and what Mary Magdalene can help us with. And I've been led to think about conversion of souls who are in relationship with those who are vulnerable who are usually people we can't see and thus don't think too much about unless we are one of them.

Today I will pray for priests who need conversion. They, like Mary Magdalene, may look at the Eucharist and see nothing more than a little round host. 


Mary Magdalene cried outside of the tomb, like many priests may internally cry in their hearts not sure of what to do with their priesthood, their life, their parishes and what to say that could go right or wrong depending on who judges them. Mary Magdalene cried looking into the tomb with fear, doubt and confusion.



 May these priests never look into the tabernacle and see a tomb without life. May they never look at the Holy Eucharist and see a source of infection.






 May they come to the knowledge that Jesus is the great healer and cannot infect because of who He is in the Eucharist. Miraculous? Absolutely. I also wish to pray for the conversion of Catholics to believe who it is that they receive in Communion and to receive Him with love, a state grace of and utmost reverence.



"There is nothing littler, meeker, or more silent than Christ present in the Host. This little piece of bread embodies the humility and perfect silence of God,  His tenderness and His love to us." Cardinal Robert Sarah "The Power of Silence"





Day Two: Mary Magdalene stood outside of the tomb crying. As she wept she looked inside of the tomb.

In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
St Mary Magdalene, intercede for us.

Lord have mercy,
Christ have mercy,
Lord have mercy,
Christ hear us,
Christ graciously hear us,.

God the Father of heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the World,
Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit, Holy Trinity one God,
Have mercy on us.


Mary of Magdalene, as you cried by the tomb you knew to be empty, your heart and mind were in turmoil. I pray for priests who don't believe in Jesus in the Eucharist, and rather see emptiness like a tomb. I pray for those priests who are experiencing fear and are troubled by the heaviness of responsibilities, fear of the coronavirus, and pressure from their parish. May they see that the Eucharist is really Jesus and that in His purity He cannot contaminate. May the Eucharist become the source and center of their life and priesthood. I pray for their souls to have an awakening to the powerful reality of their consecrated hands in their priesthood and call to holiness. Above all, I pray for the safety and protection of Jesus in the Eucharist. May we grow in devotion to Him and desire to protect Him through our reverence in receiving Him.


Hail Mary full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art though among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory for ever.


All glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be a world without end. Amen.


Comments

Popular Posts