Sew Much in Spring!

This weekend was truly adorable. 

It started with me having an itch to sew. I pulled out old Juliet, my sewing machine, told the chef to keep good vibes going (I can't sew with anything but good energy or my design gets messed up) and I started cutting fabric, pinning it and sewing away like Maria von Trapp in the Sound of Music. She did actually inspire me because some new curtains were used in the design for a new duvet cover.


Bentley knows to stay far from the sewing machine. But he still loves to watch.


The weekend also included lovely walks. They were both too far, and exhausted us.So we made up by eating enormous hamburgers at Ruby Tuesdays and sharing a margarita. Their jalapeno burger is totally worth the 1 million calories.

I love the pretty old Victorian houses in our town. They make me think of Samantha from the American Girl books I used to read as a little girl. 



Duke Farms



Red sky at night, sailors delight.






And during our walk tonight we saw 7 little squirrels dancing in and out of a hole in a tree. They were tiny and innocent and curious.

there are three, can you see?



I also had a handsome male maid come and spring clean the house. He came decked out in his maid outfit, sang some Napolitan songs mixed in with curses, but left the house spick and span. Men are much more violent when they clean than women, I noticed. They lift furniture, move it, beat the delicate dust bunnies and sweep with vigor like if they are trying to paddle against a white water river. I paused a few times wondering if bones or furniture were being broken. Anyway, it is clean and I didn't have to do it.
Dustkilling, mop hurling, furniture thrashing maid.

He finished his cleaning day by shaving two sheep cats I have. Two grocery bags full of hair in the garbage and the kittens look ready for summer. Even though we are all ready for summer the cold nights still persist. It's all a part of spring.


And lastly, cheddar cheese cornbread with rosemary. It is the perfect bread for this chilly spring weather. Krusteez box from the grocery store is the best. Get the one with honey added.

Comments

Popular Posts