Ice Age

We have returned to the days of prehistoric ice men, here in NJ. There are stalactites forming at every door, men taking axes to chop the ice in their driveway, and people hoarding food at the grocery store like hungry neolithic men.
Man against glacier


That back white thing is a car

I hope you have your stilts on to cross this road!

Wiggle your way in.


Christmas trees

the snow plows have created Texas sized potholes. And yes, that is a mountain of dirty snow on the side. 

Burried

15 Ft.

Tattered but there

In our little ice-corner of the globe, we have been dreaming of traveling someplace sunny and warm.
"Get me out of here!"

The meatball
 We've consoled ourselves with Neapolitan pastries from Palazzone Pastry Shop in Wayne, NJ.
Millefoglie

mmmm winter blues therapy: Chocolate mouse, baba', zabaglione pastry


While we ate our pastries and dreamed of escaping NJ we discussed all of the warm options. A few tropical dreams have been Iceland, Alaska and the South Pole. We hear it is much warmer than NJ. Seriously though, we have been getting through one day at a time. On Sunday I couldn't take one more snow storm, put my head down on the couch and cried and angrily cried. I felt stupid for crying but was so angry with the snow for keeping me imprisoned for the last 3 months. Those 20 minutes of crying and feeling like a lump of useless winter lard did me a world of good. After that, I peeled myself off of the couch and made myself useful: cooked a mean ragu, lentil soup and washed all of the laundry. 

Bentley took my crying much more seriously and has been following me like a little shadow. As soon as I am sitting and still he head buts me like a little ram, he is Aries after all. Although I am not too sure how zodiac signs work out for animals. If a cat is Aries, should he behave more like a Leo or like an Aries ram? 

One thing is for sure, Bentley has really enjoyed watching the birds play around the growing ice stalactites. Here are some of the most amazing and dare I say, beautiful, ice formations that have come from these storms.


Under all of that ice, there is a water drain pipe


Check out the 6 ft. one on the right!

A monster of a stalactite 



Don't walk under this thing!







Comments

Popular Posts