Desks and Cats

Today I needed a quiet space to write. As luck would have it we have 4 desks in this miniature place we live in. There is no more space. But, we have one for each mood. Desks are funny like that, you can never have too  many and they all have personality. The one I used today is my favorite. It is next to the only sunny window in the house, and I remember getting it for a really good deal at an estate sale.

I think we paid 10 bucks for it and for the super comfortable chair. Estate sales are the best, let me tell you. I have gotten some really wonderful pieces of furniture at them. And they differ to yard sales because the people for the estate sales are usually out to get rid of the entire contents of a home, where as a yard sale is more of a Junk sale.

So, I sat at my cheap estate sale desk today and tried to let the quiet take over my mind so I could concentrate for one hour to get something important done.
The cat walks by

That never works. The man upstairs was talking LOUDLY on the phone. And there were little sweet birds flitterly and fluttering past the window. If there is one thing a cat likes it is sitting by the window. Second to that is walking or sleeping on a laptop. I set up the best situation for them. I felt the sun dance on my face, heard the man upstairs reverberating heatedly, while I paused to listen a cat walked calmly across the computer totally opposite of the energy exploding up above, then the cat coolly crossed back, so I gave my project up temporarily and enjoyed the moment.

"Excuse me while I tiptoe by"

"Never mind me, just passing through"

"Sorry, sorry." he said meekly like the woman at the movie theater who has to go to the bathroom and makes the entire aisle stand up to let her pass by

The Poof



Getting ready to jump. He wiggles for a full minute

Leap!

Two

"Who is that cat in the mirror?!" Bentley demanded to know

And began smacking the mirror with all of his might

"I will get him someday"

"Sooo....do you actually need the mouse I am sitting on?"

Thanks, Fatty
I actually did get my "homework" done. Then I moved on to repacking the Nativity set. It is February, after all. But I used a little help.

A helping paw

He was very careful knowing he could get shooed off any minute

The end


Comments

Popular Posts