My Week Ended Like a Bad Country Song

I'm in the perfect setting to have a country music video shot: cows, sheep, corn fields, John Deer tractors and one small dilapidated dangerous looking13th century castle (I'm sure Carrie Underwood could work a castle into her songs). This week started great then turned crappy. Here is a picture describing my week:
 Crappy on the Mediterranean

If, there were a country song to be written about this week it would include:

1. Missing the bus to and from the hospital because the bus driver didn't stick to his schedule and made me walk 8 miles (4 of them uphill). I love to walk, but having an apt. to make had me rushing.
2. The neighborhood cleaning man tossing a bucket of water on our steps on a freezing day = the steps getting totally frozen. I almost killed myself discovering they were frozen then had to ice-skate the rest of the way out of the house towards the hospital.
3. The doctors visit. I should have been born and raised in a cave, eaten herbs, reproduced at 12, beaten my dinners to death before grilling them and avoided doctors visits altogether (that could be a good country song)
4. My sweet, purring, loving kitty of 10 years (Bentley) attacked my face today (hissing, clawing, and terrified). I feel so bad for him because I think he is sick. (my face is fine) but this is a sign that my buddy of 10 years might have to kick the bucket. We can't have a cat that wakes up from naps by jumping on your face.

It is kind of hard to see the silver lining on the cat issue...but as the good book says, "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God." I can't see how a face attack could be the will of God but I'm sure it is even if I don't like it. It's not like Jesus enjoyed suffering, to say that pain is a part of life. It makes me think of Saint Francis of Assisi who blessed a wild woolf and tamed him. Little birds would also perch on St. Francis arms while he preached, and animals listened to him. Maybe I need to sprinkle some Holy Water on Bentley, lay hands on him and pray for his comfort and peace.


Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Bless your heart, that does sound like a crappy week. The 4 mile walk alone would have done me in! I hope you have better days ahead and that your kitty does as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! I really like your blog! You write so well and it makes me less homesick. That bad week was pretty terrible but like all bad things, it had an end! Bentley, the cat, mellowed down after I changed some cleaning products and prayed over him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts