Where the wonderful things are

Life has been strange and wonderful lately. It usually is strange and wonderful during moments of routine and mundane but in the last few weeks it has just been like a roller-coaster going backwards and in tunnels, towards the sun and towards the ocean then dipping into a painting by Rothko where all is black and red then we are having a picnic and isn't it nice out today? yeah. Kind of like that.

In a nut shell, things went nuts. It wasn't even beautifully controlled chaos. It was internal turmoil and feeling like my earth was shattering sometimes at every single minute. Some minutes were really hard to get through (thanks to kidney pain and emotional distress) and other minutes where blissful (like laying by the horse stables and sharing ice-cream with mom).

I'm pretty much over it now. I command my topsy-turvy world to sit upright and behave! Did that work? No? A little? Good. Well, there are some tricks to getting your world to behave when it spins into wildness:

1. Clean. Getting the dirt out, getting the junk out and seeing space is so mentally grounding.

2. Pray. That should be done constantly. I prayed and cried and prayed and cried. The statue of Mary has probably had it with me. The Sacred Heart too. I have gone there near daily to talk to them. I'm not expecting miracles nor answers but praying to see clearly and have a spirit of grace helps.

3. Fake your best self. If all else fails, fake it. Fake being your best self! Walk tall, smile as if you have no cares and say hello to babies and the elderly. It feels so good to be your fake best self even for half an hour. "Who me? I'm a confident beautiful babe made by God! That's right, can't touch this!" Throw in a strut. Ignore all, because people will stare at you like something is amazing and wrong with  you. Both being accurate.

Anyway, enough of that. Or do you want more tips? :) Maybe next time.

Here are some pictures of recently enjoyed things.
Fatty is a good start. I enjoy my fat cats every day.

Tennyson in the shade of a maple tree. 

We seriously need to talk about this at some point. Why did the Lady of Shallot leave her weaving project for Lancelot?!

Georgetown

A day of much needed shopping. Living in the suburbs is good for my wallet but not good for shopping!

Have you ever watched sparrows? They are the funniest little groups of birds. I adore them.

Why do sparrows take dust baths? Why do they beat up the old sparrows? 

Fancy Feast

The view coming out of my doctor's office. 

One day, at summer camp, we found the nicest spider. Some children wanted to kill it, others valiantly protected it. The spider lived.

Spider watching

My doctor's 10 secrets to success list on his desk. He makes each patient read it.

A perfect bumble bee. I love summer insects, don't you? No? You should, they are moving jewels. 

Georgetown water party at night. Fabulous.
 Let's go to the museums in DC with mama, shall we?
Adoration of the magi

Henry at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
 Let's go say hi to the horses.
Hey Termite!

Banana bread time!

At the library on my birthday

At the zoo on my birthday

Elephant kisses :) 

Hats are important in DC heat. 

Mama loved the zoo, especially the frog sculptures. 



My favorite turtle, the longneck!






 Let's go to Annapolis!


Ahoy!






 And back to the National Gallery of Art because you can't process everything the first time!


Mary escaping on a donkey from King Herrod. 

The (clean) pasture by the horse stables is my favorite place to relax in solitude. 

Bao Bao and his mama







The researchers must be very happy people constantly saying "Awwwwww" as they watch the pandas

Comments

Popular Posts