Birthdays

Birthdays and pre-birthdays should be a grand affair done in just your style.

The Chef thinks it's childish and silly of me to celebrate my birthday so happily. I dance the morning of each birthday. My birthday dance is a combination of hops, twirls and karate kicks. Modern dance meets strobe lights. I hope to keep this dance up till my 90's. Though it might be hard to dance in a diaper at that time. I'll figure it out.

Usually I start celebrating the week before and...go on for a month or so. But don't you think that each birthday is a milestone that you made it one more year? I do, and the day before your birthday you should do everything you shouldn't do and the day of your birthday you eat everything you love and the week after your birthday you should wear your stuff the most stylishly possible etc etc. You and your guardian angel will have a blast doing this.

So, to kick off my last day of being 33 I went to McDonalds and had a milkshake then went thrift shopping (it is good for the environment) and found an amazing colorful embroidered hindu cotton dress then went to my favorite garden with my mom to look at insects, birds and flowers.

However there are some goals I have for the next year:

1. Always get the shopping cart in the store rather than the basket. The basket seems SO practical but is really a trickster waiting to get filled with goodies. Filling up the basket then lugging it around like an elephant is not something a 34 year old should do.

2. Pet the cats every day. It brings good luck and no day or moment is too busy where I can't stop and pet the cats. Purr.

3. Quilt more. I want to learn how to do English Paper Piecing this year (EPP). That is when you cut tiny little pieces of paper in geometric forms and hand sew them one to another creating really detailed little quilts. The best of Leo meets Virgo.



4. Read more books of all types.

5. Aristotle said there should be no more than items of 3 so 6 should count. Learn how to basket weave. Why not? Maybe curse less? Or curse only when I basket weave? That would make one nice basket. We will name the basket *!%$#
"Dang it, dang it, dang it, dang it, dang it."

6. Call granny more often.
What Abuelita visualizes when I call her. 

THERE! Yay! Wait, can a 34 year old say "yay" and not be immature? The heck with it, YAY!


Comments

  1. Keep on dancing sweetie! Loved your blog!

    Daddy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts