Tomato's Last Night

I can't grow anything. Well, I put seeds in the ground, water them and stare at them much like Toad did in the famous books of Frog and Toad.




 Other than that, I hope any good vibes I have in me make it to plants and wiggle their roots. So far, this summer, one little tomato got my vibe and grew.
Blink! (or similar chime sound)

I take that back, she probably got the deers good vibes or Quasimoto (the hunchback squirrel's vibes). My vibes were lacking this summer and were more like waves of, nevermind, just waves. Let's leave it at that. Anyway, good energy surrounded my little tomato plant. I dutifully watered her every day and waited to see what would happen.

One day she was 6 inches tall, like a baby penguin.

A few weeks later she sprouted to a foot!

A month later she had a little green ball on the tip of her looking like a green marble.

The green ball grew and grew then got very fat.

Finally, it started to look like a tomato! One night it rained, it stormed, the wind howled and lightening flashed around the house. My tomato plant flew over and tumbled around. As soon as the lightening stopped I ran out in the pouring rain to pick up my tomato and then ran back in the house sopping wet. The cats sniffed me.
Lightening even hit and destroyed our neighbor's very fancy tree. I feel bad for her.

Finally, are you all still there? Yes? Just mama and Jan? Great! The tomato is awesome, Finally, the tomato turned orange a bit and over a few days it turned pink, then red.



I've never seen a more beautiful tomato.

Hey Mrytle!

Cuddling Mrytle.

"Who is the prettiest tomato in the world? You are!"



And to think that she grew out of a teeny tiny container!

Tonight I looked out of the window, saw the red tomato and it looked so pretty. It made me think of Christmas as it looked like a Christmas tree ornament. I decided to name my only tomato Mrytle. It feels cruel to decapitate Myrtle and eat her. But I will do so very ceremoniously with "Pomp and Circumstance" playing in the background. Tears might even be shed for added drama. Just kidding.

So, goodnight Mrytle, my only tomato, good night!
Atta girl.

In other news, Fatty's belly is feeling fine! I ordered a giant case of good quality cat food from Amazon (along with cat litter) which weighed about 50 pounds. I know the delivery man hates me now! But Fatty's belly is feeling much better, can't you tell?
Why can't you be more like your brother and have less belly issues?

"How dare you ask me to be more like my brother?!"

Plotting something. 
Also, I intended on writing a blog on how to make chiles rellenos. But my last chiles rellenos were a disaster! They usually come out so good. Oh well, even chiles rellenos have bad days!
The worst part about chiles rellenos turning out bad is that they take so long to prepare. You roast them, sweat them, peel them, stuff them, coat them then fry them. 

Roasting them. This is called the Inquisition of the Chile. 

Steaming them in a spa, so they think!
And lastly, street signs. I love street signs because they show how people live.
This is in Georgetown, DC.

Horses have right of way. Excuse me!

So if dogs are the only ones on a leash does that mean that cats can run free?
 And a bonus for the day:



Comments

Popular Posts