Villa Pamphili, Rome

Did you know that I am from a noble papal Roman family? Neither did I. But I found out I was when I met Villa Pamphili. The chef and I were going for a walk in a Roman park when I met the place I am truly from.

The entrance to my estate.
Welcome...

to my ....

humble abode!

The reality of my life struck me suddenly as I laid eyes on this majestic pale pink villa surrounded by magnificent gardens.





 "I belong here", my soul whispered to me. I belong here among the roses, the swirling gardens, the striking sunshine and billowy clouds.

 I belong here with chocolate brown horses in my stable, well behaved cats on my windowsill and a kitchen with a great cook that makes waffles every morning (waffles are a Roman staple in my world).

 I belong here with rolling hills that have Mediterranean pines and golden retrievers that walk like little angels in the paths.



 When I lived in Villa Pamphili I built the most amazing apartments for my mom and for my mother-in-law (both Sagittarius).

They each had apartments on opposite ends of the villa but connected with a secret staircase that was built into the wall so they could go see each other and also go into the kitchen for 3 AM snacks, as Sagittarius love to do. This staircase would also lead out of the villa so they could escape freely and not feel constrained indoors.

Each of their apartments was simple and very colorful. They each had unlimited access to a pharmacist who would usually prescribe placebos for their headaches. They each had a variety of headbands for headaches, and each had a white cat. In the morning they would each start the day making some noise in the rooms and each evening they would sleep like babies around 7 PM. Both were known in Rome for their high fashion sense. At balls they would be the most uniquely dressed with vivid happy patterns.

When I lived in Villa Pamphili I fell in love with the chef. Many Prince Charmings tried to woo me but their frills all displayed that they were more feminine than me. I wanted a real man, one who could flip a good pizza dough, and I found him.
We snuck off for a hidden date.


The chef refused to live in the villa with me because expensive taste isn't for him. He insisted on living in a cozy room with a built-in pizza oven and walls lined with books. The chef accepted no visitors in his living quarters so he could have one spot of peace and quiet. But every night he would make me a fresh pizza and I would eat with him in a rustic kitchen just to remember what it was like to be a plebeian and live a simple life. 
The life of a roman plebeian isn't too shabby!


When I lived in Villa Pamphili I wore the biggest pinkest ball gowns to bed as a reminder that I was royal and wore shorts to go out for walks to show that I could still wear what pleased me.
Sleepwear

Tango bands waited for me to come out of the villa to start playing and filling the paths with swelteringly romantic tango.
This tango band started playing and the whole place became surreal. 


It was so nice to find out that I was really from a noble papal Roman family! Surprises like this should happen more often.
I even have a royal chapel.

Home sweet home

BBQ chicken and biscuits are what's for dinner tonight!

This made more sense than wanting to be a blond German princess. When I visited Neuschwanstein Castle when I was 7 I was convinced it was mine, always was waiting for me, and I just had to become a blond German princess to reclaim my land and my Bavarian people.
Neuschwanstein castle is a little hard to access anyway. Who would want to live there?

Well, that didn't work out so well...starting with the fact that I am brown. But Roman? I can totally be Roman! It is a great consolation to realize that my true Roman self has finally found it's home.


Home is where the heart is. 


Comments

Popular Posts