Pizza Fritta in Abruzzo

Dear Blog,

I am sorry you have been ignored. I have been off the grid these days: splashing in the Mare Mediterraneo, waking up late, not using my cell phone at all, not having email access and eating way too many gelati. My legs have been tanned like a Texas cowboy, my body bathed and softened by daily swims in the salty sea water, my clothes bleached from the salt. I wil blog more on these adventures later. However, today was an especially beautiful day. We have the sandy beach litterally one block from the house, we can see the waves from the terrace. But today, we wanted to see crystal clear water so we went to San Vito beach where the water is crystal clear and deep. We swam all day, made friends on the beach, ate panini then went to visit an 11th century monastry and met some really sweet kittens playing outside. As if the clear water and kittens were not enough, today decided to end on a really good note with deep fried pizza. The chef made something that only the fatest of fatties can enjoy without guilt. Here are a few pictures of the day. And for now, good night. I have read 3 books so far and will catch up on my book blogging later.

Heading to San Vito beach

These puppies have color! They also love to kick in the deep end of the sea. I forgot I had legs! I thought they were pastry dough for the last 6 months. 


Off for a swim

Sun burned skin and a Vickys swimsuit. More on this later but I am super glad that Vicky came out with the new swim suit styles. They are super cute, comfortable and keep you from getting too sun burned.

Why do I always sing Dolly Parton songs when the clouds move in? "I forgot more than you'll ever know about him." was on my lips as the clouds moved in. It made sense somehow in coorelation with the weather. Like the clouds couldn't steal my  beautiful day.


It's so cool to swim in the deep and see 20 feet to the bottom. The only thing that scares me are the fish. There are some big fish that Im afraid will eat me.

San Giovanni monastery built in the 11th century. Currently inhabited by a mama cat and some very cute kittens. They meow hymns like little monks. 


Mama cat was not about to let us come near her baby. It made me miss my fat boys. They would LOVE to rough house in a monastry garden rather than be cooped up with the vet having fecal samples taken and baths. 

Ommmm

Gelato!

Mamma mia, che bello....I could live in this gelateria with a gardenful of cats and the Chef.

Williams Sonoma American towels, meet Italian Pizza dough. 

Rise, baby, rise

Dinner is served

Step 1: sauce on fried pizza shell 

Cover with fresh parm and mozzarella di bufala

We swam all day so fried pizza has no calories...right?

Dig in!

Nom, nom, nom. SO GOOD!

And a salad...just to show that we care a little about our bodies.
 The end

Comments

Popular Posts