Time out - It's Hello Kitty Time!

Ahhhh...I have been both dreading and looking forward to writing this blog for a while. Now, this week it is the best moment. Why? Well for one I might get reprimanded by store employees, or kicked out of the country even if I am caught being the creepy person taking pictures of Hello Kitty items. Another reason is to give my blog a cultural break from ancient history and balance it out with some pop-culture junk. But my main reason for writing this blog is Meghan. Not just any Meghan but:

"Red haired, baking Meghan".

There are several Megan's and Meghan's in my life, they are all wonderful girls but my husband gets confused when I refer to them. To keep things clear, there is: Hot Short Megan, Gorgeous Lesbian Megan, Catlover Megan, Astronomer Megan, Megan-who-gave-us-the Nativity Set and Red-haired Baking Meghan. They all look and sound the same to him but he remembers the last since there is food involved. "Can she make me a giant cake?!" Yeah. Well, this last one is a professional baker, and a golden friend. The kind of friend you can count on to cheer you up, share a brownie with, or hang out in the emergency room for hours without feeling bored but rather like it's a trip to the coffee shop. Baking Meghan just had a birthday and I remembered that she requested a Hello Kitty blog (she is not a fan, but was amused by it), so after weeks of stalking around grocery stores and toy stores looking like a wierdo but trying to come across as a mom taking pictures of toys for the Santa list for my daughter that doesn't yet exist want, I have decided that time has run out, Santa has come and I can no longer pull off that fake daughter excuse and Meghan's birthday has also come. But, can you imagine if I got stopped? "Scusi signora, ma che stai facendo?" (excuse me lady but what are you doing?!) and I would have a blank look on my lying face "Um...E per la mia figlia che le piace Hello Kitty tantissimo...che palle, mamma mia, che stronzata ho fatto...", so to avoid that scene, here is the Hello Kitty Blog.

Hello Kitty is EVERYWHERE in Italy. It is like this cat came to Italy, met Tom Kitten, and gave birth to Hello Kitty in so many forms! I met one girl who was obsessed with Hello Kitty and it scared me. I thought she was insane considering she was past 30, in my pre-marital class at church, and about to get married. This chic had Hello Kitty glasses, pants, jackets, rings, ear rings, pens, shoes, and I wouldn't be surprised if she had a Hello Kitty themed bachelorette party, silverwear and toilet seat. Alas, she was not the only one I soon found out. Here, I will let the pictures speak for themselves:

Hello Kitty Lego

Hello Kitty Chocolate

Hello Kitty Gum Balls!

And Hello Kitty Chocolate Eggs

Don't forget to brush your pearly whites with a..HELLO KITTY TOOTHBRUSH!

And pucker up those lips with some Hello Kitty lib balm

Bike to work, church or get your daily bread on your Hello Kitty Bike

Cover your noggin or go to war with a Hello Kitty Helmet

Work your quads with some Hello Kitty skates

Check out the Hello Kitty train in the upper left. Choo choo!

Serve your guests on Hello Kitty Wear

Freshen your bum with some Hello Kitty wipes!

Runny Nose? Look no further, Hello Kitty Pocket Kleenex is here!

Pink not your color? Hello Kitty comes in red.

Have a Hello Kitty Cocktail

And clean up after your party with a Hello Kitty Broom

Get those last little pieces

Then go get your work out with a HEllo Kitty Ball

In case you feel lonely, you can sit in a Hello Kitty Corner

And put your toesies in some HEllo Kitty Toe socks

Blast some winter ice when you speak with some Hello Kitty Mints in your mouth!

And Wake up with a Hello Kitty Radio

Don't forget your Hello Kitty bag!

And get glam with some Hello Kitty Jewelry

Read your Hello Kitty books with your Hello Kitty lamp

And say "Night night" in your Hello Kitty Jammies

Keep Hello Kitty close to your heart

And end the year with toasting with Hello Kitty Vino!


Congratulations to all of you dear readers that beared your way all of the through this Hello Kitty Mess! Meghan, I hope you loved this. I am now going to blog-off and go enjoy my dinner that has been slowcooking for the last 7 hours. Yum. Just to end on a different note. I made Texas blackbean and beef chili that smells oh-so-good and is making me sing. I love to sing when I cook or clean and change the lyrics on most songs when I do to make them fit the "ambiance". The song "Slow Motion" is appropriate for Slow Cooking and adequately sung by Juvenile, since this is an immature post, and I would change the lyrics to:

"Slow Cook it For Me"
Slow cook it for me, slow cook it for me, cook it slow cook it for me...
Oh, I like it like that she's stirring that pot, I don't know how to act! Slow cook it for me, slow cook it for me, cook it slow cook it for me...


Comments

Popular Posts