Christmas Road trips

We decided to hop in the car and drive 7 hours south to eastern Italy, to the city of Pescara for Christmas. The drive was terrible. We took both cats, rather than leaving them in the house alone for a week leaving me with a "happy new year" gift to clean their litter box upon return. The drive was bad. The roads were icy, it rained hard, and worst of all Fatty was hysterical most of the way. Usually he is a good traveler but this time he was not feeling the trip. He rolled on his back, inside the soft Cat bag, grabbed the roof of it with his nails and shook it violently screaming like the girl from the Exorcist. Lovely. No soft talking or cooing could comfort him. Finally I took him out of the bag and held him in my lap till we arrived to Ravenna. Ravenna is a beautiful city famous for mosaics that I will upload later. I, however, was covered in cat hair, tired and highly annoyed. We dipped into a tratoria where the man in charge treated me to a lovely lunch. I had the chance to clean up in the bathroom so I wouldn't look like I just got off work at the zoo. We had a solid lunch of meatballs with cheese, bread and warm spicy red wine. That got me in a better mood. Then, 4 hours later we arrived in Pescara. I will blog about Ravenna later. The mosaics were totally worth the bad road trip and I would do it again with a cat in my lap, just to see the incredible churches. This is my mother in laws computer and I cant upload pictures from here, but wanted to at least blog about the road trip. Yippie. I hope everyone is having a great Christmas wherever you all are!

Comments

Popular Posts