Bees and Unplugging




The cats know the computer is not a healthy place to spend time so are doing all they can to make me "unplug" as is the advice of most social scientists these days.
"My mouse"

"We can stop her! She needs an intervention!"

"Lunch Lady, listen, you need to unplug and pet us."

"Unplug!"

"You need HELP!"


However, a little blog is in order. It has been 2 months since I have worked in a Middle School and while there have been some really endearing moments...it has been overall a total nightmare. Students dying left and right from suicide, murder, a toe amputation (I was called to translate for said toe), children being abused (being whipped if they ate or showered) and even a gun scare. My list of woes goes on, but that is for the good Lord to hear and not my blog. So dear Lord, hear my prayer....be with those kids and send their guardian angels to protect their minds and bodies.

My office-mate has begun calling the school  "In the Rabbit Hole" as in Alice in Wonderland and referring to the outside world as "In the real world..." She bleaches the our office every day in a fit of nerves, bless her heart.
Heading into the Rabbit Hole with all my teacherly libraryiany things. 

An incredible sunrise over the Rabbit Hole.

I love a good sunrise. 



I'm ready for 2016 to settle down a bit. This year must be the year of the wild rabid horse or something.

My little mother, a small little dynamite of positive thinking, happily suggested that I  go for a walk in the local gardens to "think positive" and also to go say hello more frequently to the horses by my job. I rolled my eyes, and obeyed. Mama was right!
My lunch Buddies

They are Vegan


A little ant hill

I have gone all week to see horses and the gardens and it has been absolutely lovely! It is such a relief to see beautiful flowers, hundreds of bees and realize that there is some good in every day and we have to search for good sometimes to pull it out of the horse-dung.

Here are a few pictures, then I am off because Fatty and Bentley have clearly read Science Magazine's latest article on neurodegenerative effects of computer screens.



a little bee butt crawling into a flower to get pollen









In love with pollen. That must be a very good hug!


On a date.

They met on E-Harmony and had a similar profile. It was love. 

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.



Everyone likes the garden.


Fatty and Bentley better watch out because there are very cute free kittens up for grabs at the veterinarian.
Meet Gladys. She is little and full of soul. She purrs like a little harmonica.

"Unplug or your phone will be toast!"




Comments

Popular Posts