This, That, a mountain top and Kleenex

September first hit and just as I flipped the calendar the weather flipped its direction.
Rain

Threats of a hurricane

and cold

My nose, and immune system flipped too.


You see, my immune system and I have been at odds for quite some time. I should name her. What would you name your immune system if you could? Maybe Patecatl, after the Aztec god of health and tequila. Maybe more for the tequila than healing. Anyway, any immune system would crash and burn around 1,000 smelly middle school kids. And mine is no exception to the rule. I'm straying from the day. Let's get back on topic, shall we? Although, middle schoolers are fascinating humans worth blogging about in length and detail. I'm not sure who is more interesting: the nerve-wrecked teachers or the energy infused students.

So, today, I hugged a box of Kleenex and told my body to get it together and to get out of the house. I gave my body some modern medicine, packed some ancient medicine (seeds and water) and took off for the mountains. I wanted to go to Annapolis Rock, MD and did so. Being the slowest hiker on the trail. Old people passed by, twice. The same couple rambled up and rambled down.

The view from the top was pretty spectacular. Being a Leo, I didn't want to get too close to the edge, so hung back on a rock closer to the trail.





Some girl testing the protective instinct of her date. He didn't care. I think she will break up with him before Thanksgiving so she doesn't have to bring him to dinner with anyone of relational importance and explain why she dates a man who doesn't care if she jumps on a tree next to a cliff. 


I offered my tissues and health up to God in the sky.


Then wandered on down.

And enjoyed some good bbq in Fredrick before driving home.

Someone was in love in Frederick.


bbq :)
In other news, my neighbor had to cut down her very fancy tree which got struck and burned by lightning. The lightning traveled right through the middle of the tree.

Can you see the burn mark in the middle?

And lastly, Bentley. He has been feeling very left out these days with my blogging only about Fatty. We will write one blog soon on Bentley and how amazing he is. Uncle George and Aunt Sue know how great Bentley is. I will tell him and that will make him feel a little more loved. Even old cats feel ignored at times.
"Nobody cares about me" thought the glum Bentley



Comments

Popular Posts