Revisiting Old Lives

Life is funny. When I was 16 and we just moved to Maryland I swore I would leave grouchy Maryland forever as soon as my 18th birthday rolled around making me a free woman. Naturally, I didn't think of how I would feed, clothe or provide for myself. Life somehow made me boomerang back and forth from Maryland and now that I am back the 4th(?) time I can say "It's kinda nice home". It is nice to see something familiar and have memories of a place where you grew up. Last weekend we went to Annapolis, where I used to work for 7ish years as a waitress.






Those times of  college survival living were rough but definitely formative. I enjoyed re-visiting the Annapolis harbor, one of the brew-pups were I used to work and thinking "Who was I?" when I worked there? I was a different person in many respects. In a way, it was like visiting my former self.

There is the ice-bucket, the dirty dish pan, the computer where I put in so many orders and the beer tap. 

That bucket? For extra liquids and slosh in general. Very gross.

These pint glasses are unbreakable.

Water pitcher. Pouring water from the side is always easier than from the front. 


The well house close to the wisteria tree. At the bottom of the well they found a baby. No, that is actually a tale from Charlotte Perkins Gilman. "The Great Wisteria". I wonder if it happened here seeing that the place does have a wisteria tree and a well. 


On the home front, the kittens have taken to the current frigid temperatures like old cats will:

Billions and Billions
or
Tin can and Alley cat
you decide

They have also recently been playing with their names. After the last Republican debate which they surprisingly sat through (Fatty usually detests TV) they decided to re-name themselves with Trump's favorite words. Bentley temporarily changed his name to "Billions" and Fatty, not to be left behind, accordingly changed his name to "Billions". It was momentarily confusing when calling them to eat, "Billions and Billions, come get your kibbles! Billions and Billions you need your hair brushed!" Fatty then decided that Billions wasn't good enough so changed his name to "Disaster!" yet another Trump favorite. That one fit much better especially in the 7PM hour when he likes to sneak up on Bentley attacking him with full force "Disaster!" Bentley then cautiously thought of changing his name to "China" another Trump favorite, but was undecided seeing that Trump pronounces it "Gina" as in vaGina.

In the end they both got scrappy looking after not getting their hair brushed for over a week. Gee, what was I thinking applying for jobs, getting bullied as a substitute teacher and not brushing the fur-king's hair? So they hovered around me, threatening a hacked hairball with each gulp and decided to be named "Tin can" and "Alley cat". As you can see, they both look regal and handsome now that they have been vigorously brushed.

Comments

Popular Posts