Homey Stews

Fifteen:

Isn't fifteen a great number? Seventeen used to be my favorite but I think fifteen might beat it. Anyway, back on topic, I'm grateful for long slow cooked homey stews. There is nothing that says home, cuddles and love to me more than a slowly simmered roast or stew.  Now that the Chef is working more he gets to get poisoned enjoy my cooking. So far, I haven't gotten any complaints. With more time at home, I can cook better and simmer that meat longer. You can't rush good food like you can't rush love. I also adore my Le Cruset cast iron dutch oven which I invested in when planning to get married. I think every bride (who likes to cook) should have one. That and a good sit down chat with old ladies to get the real scoop on how to face marriage. I had a "bridal shower" which included five of my old aunts over the age of 90. They gave me words of wisdom and words of terror on how to face "forever".

Tomatillo chili


Simmer baby, simmer

 My grann, a CEO of housewives,  taught me how to be a good housewife: start the day with cooking and let it simmer while you get pretty (a girl has to feel good!), clean your house and then relax and enjoy your food with your family! I try to keep that tradition going when I get to stay home, even on days I'm alone. I love a good slow meal and a tidy clean house!


Comments

Popular Posts