Castles and Butterflies

What would a thankful list be like if I failed to add Castles and Butterflies? It would be lame, that's what! I have a "top 10" of my favorite things list in my mind and up there are castles, butterflies and mashed potatoes with a generous pool of gravy. I know, the depth of  my admirations is questionable.

Twenty-six: Castles

When I moved to Italy, I was absolutely thrilled to be living in the region with the most castles! Like many little girls I dreamed of being a truck driver, wait, it shouldn't go like that. But it did, I dreamed of driving a big ol' truck full of roses, to my castle, where I could dance around then emerge as an Amazon warrior covered in jungle tattoos. Why not? My dad said I could be anything I wanted as long as I didn't join the military, so the sky was pretty much the limit. I think there is something to be said for what we wanted to be as kids. To this day I still love trucks, castles and would love to be an Amazon warrior for one day. 

Some of the castles I saw in Italy still count as potential future homes. I see myself there painting my castle vivid colors, taking in good cats, and having a garden full of butterflies. Naturally the Chef will be my Chef and I might have a secret romance with him to make it scandalous. Woo!

Here are some of the pretty castles I loved in Italy:
From the top of Verona. "Romeo, Romeo aro stai?"
 "Ti sto facendo la pasta!" ha risposto Romeo

















And the absolute best castle pictures includes my old buddy, Figaro, at the Castello di Sirmione:








Twenty-seven: Butterflies

Angels enter our lives every day. Some are friends, some are strangers, some of our angels stay with us when we feel totally lost and alone, some might even take the form of jerks that we don't like pushing us in the right direction to protect us. I think that other little angels on earth are visual creatures God gave us to remind us that life is beautiful. 









Comments

Popular Posts