Leos for Cecil

The constellation in the sky is in Leo the lion right now, the sky is calling and crying for Cecil the lion and ever other beautiful creature which has been violently slaughtered without need.


 Every day, for the past few days, I have been looking at two chubby little lions I have at home.
They got lion hair cuts last week and have been prowling their savanna looking adorable and tiny.
Chubb of the forest

Prowling through the tall grass

Mane man

A royal stately kitten lion

Courageous regal cat

I have been looking at their fluffy manes and asking myself, "Who could kill such a beautiful creature?!" Cats are some of the best animals that exist and a lion is just a giant kitty! 

I see little difference between this:


and this.

The Chef and I have shared passionate arguments about what happened to Cecil, the king of the jungle: how his pride (family) will be affected by this, how poachers will be able to get away with this if no justice is held and ultimately how unnecessary and selfish the murder of this majestic beast was.

We cherish our two little beasts and in our hearts know what Fatty and Bentley think of this horrible dentist Walter Palmer:

nothing but a bad litter box

Let's just say they don't think too highly of him. In Fatty's words:


And in Bentley's words:





So, from the heart of a sincere cat lady born as a Leo, I wish Cecil rest in the sky. 
Good bye, Kitten

I hope his death will prevent the deaths of many more animals, I hope that one day people will respect beautiful creatures without needing to feel better than them by hunting them.

Most importantly: I hope that the authorities give Walter Palmer a bath in tuna fish then toss him in a cell with a hungry lion. 

"That chicken, Walty, tasted like chicken."


Comments

Popular Posts