A walk in the park

This weekend we enjoyed several walks in a nearby park. Its funny, we always like to find new parks to hike and have favorite things to see. Among our favorites include: horses, flowers, streams, sun but with some shade. We have gone far to look for these things but the best place remains close to home. It even has a pond with giant turtles. Each time we have come to this park it looks different. In the winter all of the trees are bare and naked and you can see deep into the forest. At the beginning of spring you can see some budding trees. Then suddenly summer erupts and the forest becomes a lush tropical type of landscape filled with lettuce looking leaves, winding brooks and birds of all types fluttering here and there. Then in the midst of it all some obedient tranquil horses come meandering through the forest with little cute privileged girls out on their lessons on their backs. Everything seems cut out of some fairy tale. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some gnomes hiding in the forest.






See the turtle

Can you spot the turtle? This guy could swim fast!

Lovers lane


Anyway, the days have been unbearably humid causing us to make gallons of iced-tea and inspiring us to spring clean when it is fresh. While spring cleaning I discovered my wedding dress and was shocked at how pretty it was! I totally forgot! Of course I had to try it on and prance around the house.
I love the beading on my dress.

Oh they say when you marry in June, you're a bride all your life. ..I love that song from 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. What about September brides? 

Another good (awesome) thing while cleaning was that I decided to dust the old coo-coo clock that my mom gave me. My family had it since before I was born. Anyway, old coo-coo clock didn't work anymore. If there is anything that I can't stand it is a broken thing. I feel a burning urge to fix it. It must be my ascendant in Virgo. Anyway, I am no clockmaker.  I felt the gentle voice of Gepetto say to me, "Lo poi fare". "You can do it!"

I had an itch in me to fix it. So carefully I took out 2 bobby pins from my hair, straitened them out and set to work fixing the old clock. The pins couldn't hold the chains of the clock in place so I thought of what could and got it! My crochet hooks for lace would be perfect to hold the links of the chains while I crochet the chains back in place over the wheels of the clock. It took me forever to fix it. It was like unraveling a long necklace but worse because I couldn't move the wheels and spokes of the clock while needing to thread the chain through them. It literally was like crocheting my clock back together. I ended up needing to splice a chain, pull the chain through a tiny hole then use needle nose pliers to put the chain back together. Anyway, it took ages and I finally got it. The whole time I felt like Gepetto with two Figaros close by.

All in all it was a great weekend which ended with a spectacular burger from the kitchen of Il Chef.
BAM!

Comments

Popular Posts