Cat Hair-do

This blog is for cat lovers. I could talk about my cats for hours, each of their personalities, issues, character strengths and weaknesses. It's pathetic, I could go on and on about catnip. So here we go, one on the gattini.
Every cat loves a chin scratch

The last two weeks there has been the plague in the house: pestilence, flu, grumpy people in pajamas all day. First him, and I was running around trying to get him better, then me. I found out one important thing: it isn't right for the woman to get sick! Things start to fall apart! Laundry starts to pile, our expressions look forlorn and the cats start to look like real animals.

The cats are the best company in illness. Bentley is especially gentle and knows that I am sick. He follows me around instead of napping. Up the stairs, down the stairs and sits outside of the bathroom howling like a little puppy till I get out of the shower. Then he curls up next to me and purrs his heart away. El Gordo never notices when I am sick and keeps on his daily regiment: Wake up, eat, sleep, ask for more food, chase Bentley up the stairs, eat, sleep.

The best I could do during these last few weeks was to feed and water the cats and clean their litter box. I couldn't brush them so they started to look a little nappy then like homeless old men. I too felt as attractive as a homeless old man....but this morning something happened! The sun rose looking that perfect way it did when I was 15 and every summer morning was perfect. I used to enjoy that early sun with coffee feeling all grown up and lounging in the backyard with my golden retriever. Those 15 year old mornings were serene, crisp and full of happiness.

The sun this morning was just like that. I had a giant bowl of oatmeal and two glasses or orange juice that put some energy back in me. I looked at the kittens as I felt my energy dripping back and said, "Let's do this" and we did it: laundry, changed the sheets, aired the house, dusted the sad furniture and made it smile again. Yes, the kittens did it all with me, they each folded a pillow sheet, and dusted the furniture with their fluffy tails. Fatty was so happy he rolled and rolled on the floor like a content dog. Then I brushed them and they loved it. Cats love to get brushed and makes them purr like a Harley Davidson going down the road. PURRRRRRR

So I brushed them enough to win them a blue medal at the Fancy Kitty USA competition. Then I made some chocolate pudding (haven't made that in years, probably since I was 15!), put on some make cup so I wouldn't look like a zombie and collapsed on the couch. Here we go: before and after:
Before: "Lady, you better brush me or I will turn into an NYC thug." 

All knotted up
After: pretty like Price Charles
Prince Charles thought, "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain."

Then Prince Charles murmured, "In Hardford, Hereford and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly happen."

I didn't get a before picture of Bentley, but here is the adorable result.

"Whose tail is that?!" Bentley wondered of the freshly groomed tail

Handsome
And lastly, I didn't take a picture but I also did my Alabama hair-style today. That is my BIG hairstyle that makes me feel happy. It goes like this: all up in rollers, blow dry like a nana at the salon and pull the rollers out slowly after a few minutes. Fluff it out and go about my day singing "Walking after Midnight" by Patsy Cline.

Comments

Popular Posts