Rockettes and Resolutions

There is a pillow under my tush to ease the nerve pain from my hip to my arm so this blog might be short and sweet while my arm can last. 

The Sweet first:The Rockettes! 

They are one iconic part of New York City. During the Thanksgiving Day Parade I pointed them out to my husband, he had never known what a Rockette was and reacted puzzled but pleased (of course). In Italy, there are no Rockettes, naturally. Although my group  of  Italian neighbors cleaning each morning in unison could be synchronized and even made famous if they all threw in a leg dance while polishing windows. For Christmas this year Santa bought us tickets to go see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. We got the tickets last minute (on sale) and picked them up at Will Call which you should totally do if you ever go see them because you skip the Loooong line waiting to get in. 

I have been to....5 of the NYC theaters and have to say that Radio City Music Hall is by far the best. It has the best views for the entire audience, comfortable seating and a nice bathroom. Ok, arm hurts! Stupid pinched nerve...at 30 I am feeling 90...So, here are my favorite pictures of the sunny day in NYC and the Rockettes spectacular:

Herald Square is a favorite place of mine


Alvin, the Chipmunk just strolling by





 Inside Radio City Music Hall. You see how beautiful and big it is?
Snowflakes!

Santa arrived with the reindeer. Lucky for Santa these reindeer were not in any of my feminist classes.
 I enjoyed the show very much despite having taken many feminist classes in college and my deep appreciation for the art of feminist painters, writers and sculptors. I thought the Rockettes were beautiful and talented.
Ho ho ho

They were perfectly synchronized
 My favorite part was the little toy soldier dance.



 Then a "bomb" interrupted them, and they fell down ever so slowly.




plop!
 But not to worry, Super Fans of the Rockettes, they are ok! They made it out fine and in style on a fancy New York Sightseeing bus on stage!


Up and down and up and down!

Shockingly, the spectacular ended with this!


 I was shocked, maybe even Spectacularized by the guts of the producers to do that in an environment that is so negative against even wishing someone a Merry Christmas! Go ahead, Radio Music Hall with your bad self...

I need this chandelier in my home.

Inside the chandelier
 Whatever you do in NYC, DO NOT walk on 5th avenue during the Christmas season. This is what it look likes and you move at the pace of a snail, get elbowed and the risk of getting mugged is high.
Some dummy yelled, "There is a jumper! RUN! and people started pushing like wild buffalo..." There was no jumper.


Getting wired for New Year's!

NYC all wired up



This is for New Year's
 We were starving so set of in the direction of food: Mama Sbarro's pizza on 49th and Broadway. It has ample seating, clean bathrooms and decent pizza.

That middle slice? In my belly.... :)

 Then we headed back to Penn Station and made a pit stop in the bathroom. I find bathroom rules highly amusing. They tell you so much about a place and what scandalous thing happened in order for a rule to be made to prevent it from happening again.
 The station was packed so we stepped out while we waited for our train to arrive and saw this beauty:
 Then we went back in. Another dangerous crowd moment happened when we boarded our train. It was so packed that people got shoved and stomped. Hundreds of people had 5 minutes to board through a small door. It was complete madness. I was scared going through the door and people were shoving all around me from the pressure of the mass behind them. It was so bad several panicked. Bad planning, NJ transit....

And that concludes the Rockettes.

For my Resolutions.....here they are!

1. Floss nightly.
2. Read before going to bed. No TV or internet before bed.
3. No chocolate snacks before bed....
4. Drink more water (3 bottles a day. I used to be SO good at this during the summer, but now it is cold and water isn't so appealing)
5. Find a new hair cutter (My awesome one moved and it is tragic for my locks. I have been growing an unruly mane in total protest. But must and will find a new hair cutter)
6. Read in Italian one hour per day and learn better ways to express myself negatively in Italian. Curse words learned from darling Chef are highly unacceptable ways to speak.
7. Better my posture
8. Stop cursing like a sailor at the cats and traffic
9. Like New Jersey. Enjoy being in NJ. Stop hating NJ...forgive NJ. Seriously, it is really hard to move to a new place and accept its faults. Of course, the natives don't see it's faults but being miserable isn't doing anyone any favors. So I will find things to like about NJ and enjoy my time while I am here.
10. Memorize some poetry

There we have it! Rockettes and Resolutions and now some heat on my screaming back. Hasta la pasta!

Comments

Popular Posts