The Doors of Cremona

This week I tagged along on another day trip to Cremona. The weather forecast was promising: chance of flooding from the Po river and possible rain. This was a great opportunity for quality material and observations! I dressed accordingly pulling on my fantastic rainboots.

The drive down there was very pretty. The mix of sun glistening on the soaked country fields with looming dark clouds of rain in the distance was very dramatic.
Rolling down the street, towards Cremona, sipping on water and juice. Laid back
I love country villas.

However, it didn't rain at all, the Po River was described in "Il Cronaca" to have looked at Cremona and backed away. There was another article that brought up funny things that happened during the rain. The police were called to a house for a domestic disturbance. When they got there the couple was screaming at each other. The police untangled the two and asked them what the problem was. The woman demanded, "You want to see who he makes me feed?!" (I was expecting an imprisoned prostitute or something) She led the police to the bathroom, flung the door open and said "This guy!". It was a huge 3 year old alligator from Cuba. Wow. The big lizard apparently was trying to escape. Maybe the flooding river was calling his name. I would have loved to see the look on the Police officers faces!

I enjoyed walking around Cremona that day. Here is a video of a street violinist that had the pleasure of listening to while window shopping very expensive things.

I took several pictures of doors that just fascinate me. There are so many types of doors in Cremona! Mansion doors, porter doors, poor doors, historical doors and modern doors. I adore doors particularly because they speak of the types of people who entered them. What their lives were like, what they saw everyday when they got home.





Laundry hanging over the edge of a balcony. This might be my favorite one.





2nd place







On our way back home we did check out the Po River and it looked splendid. A sweet mix of  the industrial side of Cremona with the gentleness of nature and the sunset.

!

Comments

Popular Posts