1: Our Lady of Sorrows

Today is the first day for the novena to Our Lady of Sorrows, who gives so many graces to those who are suffering. I thought of the suffering of many of us and where it began: unborn babies in the womb. 
I am taking one of nine roses each day from Mary, as a prayer, to a place of sorrow.



I thought about the first sorrows that many people have experienced, and they have been in the womb. So many of us were told at some point that our life was not wanted, a surprise, or we have felt in some way unwanted by our parents. Those emotions from our parents and mothers began in the womb and can bring the spirit of rejection with them when we are born and drag on through our lives as we either choose to heal or project that same rejection of life within our own life or the lives of others. 



I think of Our Lady how she was approached by the Angel Gabriel and agreed to carry the life of Christ within her womb. Today, in honor of the Annunciation, I would like to pray for all people who Our Lady of Sorrows holds near in the sorrows of the womb.

Day one: Sorrows of the womb

In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Holy merciful Father, hear our prayers tonight as we ask for the intercession of Our Lady of Sorrows. Today I would like to pray for the healing of souls who were rejected by their mothers and fathers at conception and had the spirit of rejection attached to them. In the name of Jesus I pray for them to receive healing from this spirit of rejection. I pray for the protection of pregnant women in danger, I pray especially for all of the women in migrant situations who are the vessel for the life of a child within them. I pray for all of the unborn babies in danger tonight, who might not see the light of life this side of the world. I pray for women tonight who choose to continue their pregnancies and might feel scared, alone or confused but chose for the little child within them to live. I pray for women who have suffered choosing to aborted their babies, for God to have mercy on them and for them to seek forgiveness and healing knowing that God is waiting with open and loving arms of mercy to heal them and call them by name back into His love. I pray for the spirit of death to leave them and for them not to suffer depression and suicidal thoughts that can come from the spirit of death attached to abortion.
At the graves of unborn babies.

 I pray for women who have suffered miscarried babies, for those who have suffered multiple miscarried babies. I pray for them to seek the face of Our Lady of Sorrows who understands our sorrows in losing a child we wanted and love so very much. I pray for babies born sick, babies who are born and unwanted, may Our Lady of Sorrows cover them with her mantle. And lastly I pray for the babies and children separated from parents, orphaned or abandoned in Afghanistan. May our Lady of Sorrows comfort them, protect them and bring them to loving homes and families. 


I pray for my special intention in this Novena of  (Name your intention).Our Lady of Sorrows, be near to me, and intercede for my intention if it is the Divine Will of our Lord and Savior.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thine name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, a world without end, Amen.



 

Comments

Popular Posts