Flipping Pages in the Book of Life

On New Year's Eve I was going for my morning walk, bundled up like a puffy snowman, and saw something spectacular, the tree behind my neighbors house being taken down. Mind you, I am all for trees and am sure there are many rightfully unhappy birds, squirrels and other animals that might not be thrilled about this change of habitat, however, I saw it as an expression of getting on with ending 2020.

Off with your head, 2020.

Awe inspiring to see a tree float in the sky.

Dangerous work here...


I don't know about you, but I enjoyed many parts about 2020. 

Pre-Covid crabcake

Neighborhood puppies!

 I enjoyed many, not all, things of 2020!


Yes, there was some stress and nail biting moments, but there were so many more silver linings than clouds. Here are a few of my top 5 silver linings to 2020 I was and am grateful for:

1. Returning to the Holy Mass! Having the Holy Mass cancelled was tragic. I was thrilled to go back to mass and be with Jesus again. I was thrilled to see the Eucharist and know that is the one and only moment in a public space where the Creator, the Healer, the Comforter is completely present and where the virus and sadness has no place. It is the house of My Father who loves us all with a burning love for us and is with us.

Locked out of Dad's, but Father Dan brought the Father out to keep us company.

Praying / talking to Our Father in the parking lot could only last so long.

100% Pure life, love, soul and divinity.


2. Morning long walks: I never knew my neighborhood had so many lovely hills, beautiful hawks, dashing deer, inquisitive fox and adorable bunnies. Now I know and seeing them at the break of day (or after coffee starts to wake me up) is one of my highlights of the day. 



I'm telling you, animals love the rosary.





3. No traffic to work! Sitting 2 hours or more each day in Washington DC traffic is really not the best way to spend time, valuable valuable time. I much prefer the time spent "commuting" on walks around my neighborhood.

Ready to commute!

A good egg

Bentley earned Co-Worker of the Year earning him a bed under my desk. Everyone voted for him unanimously. He works well with all and does overtime on naps.


4. Nose warmers: we can all agree in winter it is good to have our noses covered and warm. Even after this virus thing, I am still going to warm up my nose with my handknitted nose cover. 




5. Creative volunteering: my volunteer project, the Gabriel Project cluster of Montgomery County, has found a way to be totally contactless! We have seen an increase in 4 times the amount of pregnant mothers in need of help. We get them covered like best friends, like sisters with all the goodies to help them through their pregnancy and first few months of babies life: sonograms, clothes for the family, diapers, wipes, formula, cribs and strollers are all provided by an Angel Friend (I am one of many). We pray for them, set them up with counseling, help them get back on their feet and open our hearts to hear their stories. We see the value of them and won't let go of the rope, even if the cost of taking on so many pregnant moms is increasing when donors are decreasing. On this mother ship, no one goes down. I'm grateful for the volunteers who work hard, break sweats and haul heavy cribs, turkeys and giant containers of diapers. No one should be rejected, excluded and silenced simply because they exist and I am thankful we give the moms and babies a voice, love and respect.



He was rejected from Inn to Inn, that's why Mary gave birth among animals. 

Jesus understands rejection

Mama Mary covered Him, her son and her Creator (amazing) in her mantle and she covers us with comfort: those of us who experience rejection, silencing and pain. There is no pain we experience that Jesus didn't experience. Back pain? He felt it carrying the cross. Talk to Mother Mary like a mom and she'll be with you in carrying whatever cross you carry. She was with her Son and is with us when we ask for her.


On that note, who feels like buying baby socks, diapers and formula for adorable babies today? I knew you would. Baby clothes buying is so much fun. Check out the Amazon wishlist page for my volunteer group. If you purchase any of these it goes to our central volunteers to distribute to Angel Friends and moms. 


Link for shopping here and all items will go strait to an Angel Friend who will deliver to a little cutie:

 https://smile.amazon.com/hz/charitylist/ls/384MSEZYW4WVQ/ref=smi_ext_lnk_lcl_cl








Comments

Popular Posts