Friday Wind Storm and Stella Maris

We got hit with a terrifically strong wind storm on Friday that finished roaring its way through our area on Saturday morning.

All of Friday night I tossed and turned in bed listening to the siding of the houses chatter, and the whistle of the wind deepen into a roar as it turned corners and few between trees. An anxious ball welled up inside of me and I imagined the worst. I never thought of wind emergency preparedness! My anxiety gripped as the wind let loose and I visualized the damage, the danger, I was scared... I reached under my pillow and felt for the familiar beads I know are a doorbell to heaven. I thought of Stella Maris (the Star of the Sea who leads us to Christ), Our Holy Lady of the Sea who protected sailors from harm and I pulled my anxious fear into the calling cab to heaven and pulled on the calling chord strong. Laying ever so quietly I locked my love to the love of heaven and surrendered that moment of anxious fear through the power of struggling prayer to "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." and I talked with the heavenly Mama who loves and protects her earthly children. As I clicked the beads of my rosary through and my soul floated I knew I needed to let go of the fear of the wind and the trees that even if one fell that if my prayer requested and submitted to "Thy will be done." then it was His will. I rested easily as my call to heaven and rosary prayer ended.
Stella Maris Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus (Star of the sea pray for us, sinners)

I don't talk much about my faith because...it's deeply personal...but it is amazing to have the ability to call and physically be with the divine in a moment of earthly misery. Surrendering in moments of fear and hopelessness have been the biggest graces, more than getting any outcome I could ask for. Just saying "thy will be done" and resting with that is incredible. The song I kept singing the whole weekend was one called (click) "I shall not want" by Audrey Assad. A song on deliverance from earthly things and not wanting anything in this life as you taste the goodness of God that is the only true satisfaction and penetrates every other area in our earthly life.

So with our feet back on solid ground, no trees fell on the house nor our neighbors houses. Seven people died, several trees around us did go down. It was impressive to see such big trees down! The horses even got one tree down!
Neigh a horse was hurt!



toppled over like a cotton ball

this one fell right on the electric wires!

And thankfully we are all fine. And maybe making a wind emergency plan of action!

Comments

Popular Posts