The Eve of my 35th's Eve

My "To-Do" list is bossy and says:


  • Clean the shower, fry eggplant, clean cat box (all things poop-related) and plant basil,  and blog.
When do I ever blog anymore? Never, little blog, I nearly never touch you these days thanks to the list of things that are so important but seem to sift away without any value into the timeless hole of the past. Therefore, today, a blog of thanks is in order before frying eggplant, or bleaching the porcelain which we use the most. 

Eloquence is not upon me as I need serious inspiration to write a thoughtful blog. Inspiration such as mountains, old people and fresh air usually help. Today my inspiration is rather dull: flip-flops, cargo shorts and a restless house all that demands attention! But, behind the demands there are wonderful beautiful things that I am thankful for. I always thought I would only be 17. Yes, as a child I dreamt of reaching 17. At 17 I thought my legs would look that great forever. At 25 I felt like a reverse in time was possible. And at 35 I am wondering "Where did time go?!" I'm starting to sigh the way my mother did! So before too much time passes, I want to make a list in no order of importance of things I am grateful for in 35 years.

1. My hair. See? Level of importance is low. I just got a fabulous haircut. And that is something that you just can't count on! Most of the time the stylist leaves us looking like policemen. My hair emerged looking like Victoria Beckhams. Fab-u-lous.

2. Got interrupted and life's duties and toilets call insistently like a demanding drill sergeant...well, I am grateful I can be grateful and I have time to think of 34 more things before my birthday!

Oh, but quickly: I'm thankful for cherry blossoms. They are quiet, soft and beautiful. I'm grateful for the still chilly spring days I've been able to stand under them and feel the cold breeze on my face and see winter flutter by in a shower of pink petals that welcome in the spring. 


Comments

Popular Posts