Second Grade, Strep Throat, Glue Sticks and Playtime

Dear Blog,

Forgive me. Second grade has absorbed my existence.

The little class of 17 has strep throat this week which means little girls sleeping on the playground. Wild little boys being docile and lots of washing and wringing of my hands. Additionally, they learned about continents and used an abusive amount of glue to make mother's day cards. At playtime I have been bombarded with existential and ecclesiastical questions as they  prepare for first communion. Here are my favorites from the innocents:

"Miss Teacher?! What if I get really mad and kill someone? If I didn't mean to is it a sin? And will I go to hell?....If I go to hell can my guardian angel come to protect me?"

"What if I think something terrible on the WAY down to take communion? Do I need to confess to the priest in front of the church?"

"Will the body of Christ taste like meat and potatoes?"

"Did we live in heaven or hell before we were born?"

"If you are gluten free, do you still have to take communion?"

"Does the Queen of England sin? Why?"


First Communion is this week. If we can get down the isle without a child asking the priest about meat and potatoes I will be happy.

The end,

Miss Teacher


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts