Dinosaur Week


This week was supposed to be my week off from the rambunctious 2nd grade. I had planed lots of fun and joy. Next week, back in school, is Dinosaur week. That means that the little kids will be learning about T-Rex and all his friends. Here, Dino week came early. Things that shouldn't go wrong did. Hot water heater broke, tree fell in back yard, we got flooded, and then discovered that squirrels were living in our roof. Those are just the problems the house decided to give us which didn't bother me at all in comparison to other surprises. Then life decided to give me a few slaps in the face till I felt a spiraling voice in my head repeating my worries. It was no bueno.

The good part of this bad, very bad, no good week, is that for every bad moment I had a something reminding me of love, and God's purpose and faith. The bad moments defiantly out-numbered the good in mass, quantity and strength. But in my confusion, I was able to see that God brings me good people, sweet animals and good moments to show His enduring love for pouting and sniffling ol'me.

Yesterday I saw a baby cardinal and while chatting with one of my best friends from my days living in Italy. Today, a special fat cat saw me sniffling and came to make sure I didn't forget that he likes me too, despite the fact that he still feels that I don't feed him nearly as much as he should be fed. So I leave you with images of Fatty, my sweet fluffy Dino.






Getting a little closer to block me from the computer.


"Stop sniffling and go change my litter box!"

And yes, Bentley was also here. He is Old Faithful and is always around me till the Chef gets home. He stands guard and leaves his shift only when the man of the house is here to protect me.

Comments

Popular Posts