Chiles Rellenos and a Fallen Tree

Abuelita encouraged me to teach myself how to cook food from the land of my husband in order to keep him. In her days men would run to the arms of a better cook if their wife didn't make good chow. She is often shocked and at a loss for words when I tell her that he is a great cook and cleaner. For her it means that I need to keep a watchful eye on my nest. Thanks to YouTube I have successfully made a few good Napolitan dishes. The Chef has danced and applauded even asking me to marry him. I thought we were married, but now he says he is serious about his proposal. Does this  mean I get to plan another wedding?! YES! This time I will wear a pink fluffy ballgown. My new wedding details should be preserved for another blog.

After Easter we had several foods left over, boiled plain potatoes and some egg whites. I had some chiles poblanos and immediately thought to pull out one of Abuelita's recipes and make chiles rellenos con papa y queso. (Roasted, stuffed then fried poblano peppers) They take hours to make so can only be made on special days. They came out superb and my Naplolitan Chef also loved them. He repeated his request to  marry me. Maybe I will play hard to get and take my time considering him this time around. Maybe my phone number will change suddenly or I will simply stop taking his calls to paint my nails and look disinterested in the other direction.


Los Chiles Rellenos de Abuelia


While the chiles renellos fried the wind blew. The drenched ground became sponge-like and there was a thud. I looked at El Gordo to see if he jumped and if the ground shook with his butterball mass. Nope. I kept frying happily without worrying about anything. Then, in the evening I discovered this:

Well, how are we going to get THAT out?

Alas, living in a single house isn't easy. It seems as if there is always something to improve. You have to worry about the plumbing, heating, drainage, yard work, snow, leaf removal, gutter cleaning and your house becomes a sponge of time and money.

Our backyard has terrible drainage and resembles a Louisiana swamp. We might find an alligator out there in the summer. 

Ug


 Ug. Oh well, some days you win some days you lose.

Comments

Popular Posts