Plump Kitten Update and Separation Anxiety

*** I don't have proper pictures today so here are some comics I drew for illustrative purposes***


The little plump kitten of the house has rolled around to better health this week. I carefully took care of him and each day he got increasingly stronger than the day before. The sun shone, I put him on the windowsill and that seemed to warm his old bones in a much needed way.

 I remember when I first got him and he looked like a little bunny hopping around the house, rolling like a little furball under the sun and napping in a tiny ball with his nose covered by a paw. Fatty (El Gordo) is the cutest cat (Bentley the sweetest) and I am really glad he is starting to recover. His appetite is still low, but that isn't the worst thing to happen to a fat cat who needed to loose a pound or two anyway.

The illness of El Gordo exhausted me. I was so anxious that he would die.

 Then to top it all off the Chef took off for a week.

 I didn't know where to start the week...so I started by getting the kitten some cat laxatives.

I thought I would be fine and be able to handle things but no. I have separation anxiety which is absolutely pathetic but happens each time.
The silence was engulfing and  overwhelming....

I can't sleep, can't eat and end up like a sad zombie. The week without him was just plain miserable. I didn't know what to eat, when to eat, and nothing I ate was particularly enjoyable or tasty without him around.


Sleep deprivation crept in.

"What if someone came in the house?! What if there are ghosts?! I need to wash the laundry, and the bathroom too...Does green match with purple? What about black? Does green match with black? That top I have is cute but I don't know if it matches....I wonder if El Gordo pooped today. Maybe he is clogged up all the way through his entire intestine...Perhaps a Mediterranean diet will help him. I should read on the life of Bach and memorize each piece by heart...." You get the point. I ended up seeing each sunrise then going to work with dry eyes.



Finally the chef returned.


I ate a good meal. In fact, I was so joyous that he was coming back that I cooked enough for an army. Fatty pooped a good poop and has been bushy tailed and happy.


Finally I am catching up on some sleep and taking one day at a time to get out of my zombie state.






Comments

Popular Posts