Easter!

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. This Easter was great. I couldn't wait for it to arrive, in fact. Our church had a wonderful mass on Holy Thursday to commemorate the Lord's Last supper and to have some quiet time in prayer with the Holy Eucharist. I'm not sure what exactly it was, but all of Easter week was very special. Holy Friday I cleaned house like a mad woman: moving furniture to get each dust bunny, brushing the kitten-bunnies and polishing the wood floors like nobody's business. Then I went to the Holy Friday mass which had the stations of the cross. Having grown up in Baptist churches, this was new for me. They read from the book of Luke where Jesus is crucified and focus on each "station" of the cross. I thought of what that meant and how much Mary must have suffered seeing her son killed. I thought of what it meant for Him to do that for really crappy people that don't deserve mercy. At least I don't. I don't understand why Jesus would die willingly for us. Why He would come down from Heaven. I did a lot of thinking during Lent...on the poor, on how to really help people, on things I can give up or do differently, on how to give more of myself.

Anyway, lots of good thinking went on. Lots of hard thinking.

Easter Sunday was sunny and warm with the birds chirping and frogs ribbiting at full force. It started with us preparing for our big feast.

 I grew a nice big fat watermelon but El Gordo ate it.

Then we decided to have some roasted sausages.

Then I went out to get two little fat lambs.


Very cute little lambs.


We made a salad and put some sundried tomatoes on it.

And ended the feast with Pastiera, a typical Napolitan cake.






The End

no cats were hurt in this production


Comments

Popular Posts