Labor Day Turkey

A fat fluffy turkey sized cat insists on sitting on the laptop.

Oh it is so nice and ergonomic! Great for the spine. The keyboard makes the fur of any cat shine like a shampoo commercial.
Attempts to wrestle with my ginormous cat are futile. His deep determined purrs are resolute to stay on the laptop and prevent me from blogging. Ahhh....the joys of living with a cat!



While I labor at getting Fatty off the laptop I will throw in a few sentences about Labor Day and thoughts this week.

Labor Day: why isn't every week a 3 day weekend? I got so much laundry, cooking and floor cleaning done in one day that used to take me a week to do when I was in Italy (stay at home freelance writer / gelato eater). Labor Day: we saw some gorgeous gardens at the Botanical Gardens of NJ. Gorgeous place! We made the mistake of going hungry so didn't appreciate it as much as if we had gone with a solid burger in our stomachs.
My arm was bitten by a very hungry mosquito somewhere between the magnolia trees and the Douglas fir. 

 However, we still loved walking the perfectly manicured lawns and dreaming of what it would be like to pertain to one of the old wealthy gawdy families of NYC that had their mansions summer cottages in New Jersey.




 "Faaaancy. I will take the caviah with a spear of aaaaaasaragus for lanch..." we said in our most bored billionaire accents. Then we chased frogs in the garden like wild children and went home to eat. Here are some pictures of the Botanic Gardens.





shhh there are secrets here!

we met a very creepy door that looked like it belonged in a horror movie. so we snapped a picture and ran away.




See the fish? His name is Tasty.














"Aren't you afraid of bees?" I shook my head, "No more than humans."

maple


The pump house. I like its name. It so doesn't look like a place fitted for the name Pump house. It looks more like a place called "Wisteria Cottage" and two cats live in there.


Other thoughts of the week:

1. Three day weekends give you time to evaluate so many things in life! It can be a drag quite honestly, but made much better if you at least clean the house and get something done while depressing yourself thinking of the BIG PICTURE. I prefer the small picture.

2. Tree day weekends: give you time to read entire Agatha Christie novels. Oh, I am loving the Tommy and Tuppence series where the cutest little couple gets into investigating the most criminal of cases. This series tracks them from newly weds to old age. It reminds me of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy and what they would have been like in 1920-1960. Darling British couple who had tea, got bored and got into national investigations to stay active.

3. Syria?! no...just no...If I lived in DC I might take the risk of protesting peacefully and laying out in the street somewhere blocking traffic. I am sure I could get my brother and cousins to join in... my people support peace. Hasn't there been enough bloodshed, war and agony to fill the streets with the carcasses of the dead to last us an eternity? War isn't the answer to this.
A little love could help. Even a tree hug.

4. Emerites First Class. I was dutifully reading the NY Times Online when a commercial for United Emerites popped up. They turn their first class seats to beds....and they have a spa on flight and meals on demand. I'm really impressed, almost as much as when I found out when I was 5 that the fruity gummy bears didn't grow on gummy bear trees. I will never fly first class Emerites but dreaming about it is almost as good as dreaming about gummy bear trees.
How would you strap on your seatbelt if the ride got turbulent? I would guzzle the champagne then hold onto the light bulb if I were this chic.

On that note, off to the third chapter of "By the Pricking of my Thumbs" by Agatha Christie....

Comments

Popular Posts