Migraine, migraine: ooh' lala

I don't think the chorus of Mamma Mia on Broadway could sing enough happy Abba songs to pull my mean cranky migraine out of my head. In between the dreary winter weather, sun setting at 4:47 PM, icy streets and chapped cold hands that never seem to warm up there was one little monster that has decided to make a frequent visit to my head. Mr. Migraine. He travels from the land of Bad Luck where you can never find a parking spot. Mr. Migraine has earned frequent flier miles for making dozens of trips to my head and having a righteous party while there.

While I have felt allergic to carrots and apples in the past, there is something that can't compare to feeling allergic to light and sound. Light hurts, noise hurts, even the sound of air hurts. Did I mention light? I think I did, so with the winter days only sharing 3 hours of sunlight it is tough cookies if Mr. Migraine shows up on one of them. So while all of this might not make any sense to people who have never had a migraine, I hope it makes some sense to the ones that have for no particular reason other than the solidarity of knowing how tragically sad it is to avoid sunshine on a winter day.

Therefore, what is one to do while suffering a migraine? Your head might beg to be beaten against a brick wall. But other more sane and tasty approaches led me to soft tasty food. Very soft, very tasty food that somehow seem to say, "You'll be aight, kid" (That is NY for "You will be ok") So cheers to soft food, I'm happy I appreciate you now and don't have to wait to appreciate you only in old age when my teeth are few and my pains many.

Greek Yogurt with homemade cranberry jam and granola
Risotto with safron
Stracotto Toscano

Comments

Popular Posts