Harpers Ferry, Yet Again

They (someone sage) said that the days are slow and the years are fast. That is especially true in the blogging world! I have wanted to blog about DC, P street with cherry blossoms, the new beautiful and dysfunctional choir I joined, and about the cats. 



Local wildlife wish to leave the house:



But "tomorrow" or "when I have time to concentrate" never rolls around, so here we are back in West Virginia! It's a great place to be so let's see where my feet took me this weekend. 

Oh: and on a side note, I did join a dysfunctional and beautiful choir! We are made up of 1/3 retired elderly, 1/3 handicapped, and 1/3 exhausted professionals. Our choir director thinks he leads the Vienna Philharmonic and assigns us pieces from Hayden, acapella in Latin and is is a little pompous man. He reminds me of Jane Austen's "Mr. William Collins" the starchy minister who speaks as if very important people are listening and blushes heavily when the rich lady walks in the room. Yes, the choir director is a modern Mr. Collins. I'm not a great fan but I do like singing my heart out to Jesus and singing words of healing, love and mercy as a prayer. We are starting to sound better but it is a church choir, made up of many different birds singing the same tune.

Many different birds also pulled me to West Virginia. I went back yesterday, with a good friend, to introduce her to my favorite place in the Mid-Atlantic. We had a ball. We hiked, dined on giant apples, saw adorable dogs, fat sweet babies, and lots of sweet houses. I'm buying a house in West Virginia one day and in another life will raise 12 kids, 5 cats and a dog there. 





Little friend

 Fake hiking led us to fancy shops.







I'm having a little more than a healthy interest in outhouses. Isn't that outhouse on the right precious? And what do you think about that top balcony? I would go out there, open my arms wide, and Sing to the wind. The chef, for sure would go out there and belt out some Pavarotti. 

Where we all end.

I want to raise my 12 kids here in another life.

O raise 5 kids and have 5 outdoor cats here.

This little beauty is for sale. 

She's perfect



 We walked down to the Appalachian Trail Conservatory and were greeted by smelly little boy scouts.








 We went fake hiking down a little path.
 And met a beautiful tree which gnomes live underneath.




Thomas Jefferson, who never had a smartphone and founded this country effectively without one, climbed upon that rock to survey the land.


Welcome to the Appalachian Trail!





Comments

Popular Posts