Dia de Gracias

I miss my mom. And I miss Abuelita and my nice cousins too.

It's hard not to miss this little bundle of happy energy.


That being said, it was good to  be with my family for Thanksgiving. I boarded a plane jumped on with glee, my luggage full of stuffing, cranberry sauce and ingredients to make a pumpkin pie and flew to where the natives came from: Mexico. We should probably celebrate Thanksgiving with tamales rather than turkey.

I'm just getting over a violent flu so my creative energies are dim. The flu hit me like walking in the middle of the finals of a black belt karate competition. Boom boom boom left and right. Kamsamnida. I could barely walk on Sunday and was counting each breath. Thank the good Lord almighty for the Chef who knew just how to treat me and for Abuelita on the phone giving her sage natural medical advice. I made one grimace as I got home and the Chef looked quizically at my face and instantly switched from Chef to ER Dr.: Cold, patient, encouraging and checking my pulse like a wounded dog. I feel more like blogging about the stomach flu than of Mexico, where remarkably my stomach was perfect like that of a well fed and burped baby. I'll save my Mexico blog for another day then and just show a few pictures of things I'm currently thankful for.

Rothko. I've decided that each of his paintings needs to have music accompaniment. Specifically the Three Tenors. 

I always felt like Georgia O'Keeffe and Frida Kahlo were soul sisters. I bet they were secret friends.

Annapolis treats

The study hall at St. Johns

Pumpkins on a porch in Annapolis
 Open your wings, jump and soar. Soar, soar, Soar over Texas, over the desert, circle around the pretty volcano and land in Coyoacan, Mexico. Landing right about here is good:
The shadows on Frida Kahlos house are mezmerizing

Keep your tortillas, toast or socks stored in a pretty and colorful basket!

Chicharon....mmmm....cholesterol at it's best!

Roses for Abuelita? Yes, please. Tlacoyos with beans and cheese? Yes, thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts